• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain car rental really cheap?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spain car rental really cheap?

I've been looking at car rental prices in Spain and am having trouble believing the quote I'm getting. £28 for 3 days for a Corsa or similar. What's the catch? Is car hire usually this cheap, specifically in Spain? Admitted I will also have to buy a £2.99 / day damage insurance excess waiver policy. Maybe some "extras" will appear when I hit 'book'? Has anyone had any experience/problems renting cars in Spain? I do realise taking out car rental on the spot with AVIS and the like is a more expensive proposition.

CHEAP CAR HIRE in the UK, Europe, USA and more - Holiday Autos Rentals

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    . What's the catch?
    BBC News - Spain unemployment rate hits 20%

HTH

Comment

That may be us soon. I hope they aren't planning any more strikes.

Comment

What are you doing up so late anyway? Did you meet with the MP and tell him what a travesty ICTs are?

No need to rush a reply, it's soon time for me to turn off the internet.

Comment

I've been looking at car rental prices in Spain and am having trouble believing the quote I'm getting. £28 for 3 days for a Corsa or similar.
          I drove down to Spain in August & I salute your bravery in wanting to drive there.

With the many near misses - especially at roundabouts / junctions, I concluded that the Spanish driving test is meaningless
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
            I drove down to Spain in August & I salute your bravery in wanting to drive there.

With the many near misses - especially at roundabouts / junctions, I concluded that the Spanish driving test is meaningless
            You drive around for an hour. If you are still alive at the end of it, they give you a license.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You made the mistake of driving like a tourist (using indicators, mirrors etc). This immediately singles you out as a target.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'm doing a family duty run to Gibraltar. I can get a cheap flight to Malaga, but unfortunately that flight doesn't arrive there until 21:30, by which time the Spanish buses and trains will have stopped for the day. On my own I'd be happy hanging around in Malaga airport until morning, but I will have someone in toe and that's not a good option. I had been more concerned about driving in Gibraltar (where all the cars seem to have dents), and was considering mooring up in La Linea. Driving from Malaga airport to Gib would be easy enough?

Comment

Did you meet with the MP
                  The Official Visit (tm) has been cancelled.

Comment

Might be worth a read.

Comment

Working...
                    X