• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Druids get Charity Status

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Druids get Charity Status

BBC News - Druidry to be classed as religion by Charity Commission

Expect a raft of Druidic charity shops appearing along the high street soon!

Personally, I cannot wait for Jedi to get it's status!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Beats me why religions get charity status anyway except on actual charitable work.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Look he's got a job and I bet he's signing on. This would never have happened under the Tories!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11457795]Personally, I cannot wait for Jedi to get it's status!
          I hate to dampen your midi-chlorians but it looks like the rebellion has already been crushed by the Death Star Chamber:

Grainger v Nicholson

"Given that context, philosophical beliefs must therefore always be of a similar nature to religious beliefs. It will be for the courts to decide what constitutes a belief for the purposes of [the Regulations] but case law suggests that any philosophical belief must attain a certain level of cogency, seriousness, cohesion and importance, must be worthy of respect in a democratic society and must not be incompatible with human dignity. Therefore an example of a belief that might meet this description is humanism, and examples of something that might not … would be support of a political party or a belief in the supreme nature of the Jedi Knights"

h/t His Grace
          Last edited by hyperD; 2 October 2010, 14:35.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Ha! Druids 1 Scientologists 0

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Beats me why religions get charity status anyway except on actual charitable work.
            If it wasn't for New Testament Greek there'd be no such concept as charity.

Comment

Today druids, tomorrow jedi - remember to put your religion correctly during census next year...

Comment

Does Satanism get charitable status? Kissing goat's bottoms is certainly worthy of respect in a democratic society .
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  Kissing goat's bottoms is certainly worthy of respect in a democratic society .
                  Why do you think we have so many Freemasons?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                  X