• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Celtic Manor Tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celtic Manor Tomorrow

Well, I'm just in the process of making my final preparations for the big day tomorrow and I have to say that I just can't wait!

Just one thing that may take the sheen off the day and that is that my water on the knee has returned so I'm going to be a somewhat sedentary spectator. I've had the good fortune to have acquired a shooting stick from Malc's father so I'm going to find a decent vantage point and park my botty there for the day. Just wondering if anyone here who may be acquainted with the Manor might be able to point me at a hole commensurate with my requirements?
    Cf
    Anyway, if you're tuning in to the action on TV, please do look out for me. I'll be instantly recognisable from the fact that I'll be carrying a "Taylor Made" brolly with a Union Flag design.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I'll be instantly recognisable from the fact that I'll be carrying a "Taylor Made" brolly with a Union Flag design.
    won't all the other golf fans have those types of brolly?

Comment

Well, I'm just in the process of making my final preparations for the big day tomorrow and I have to say that I just can't wait!

Just one thing that may take the sheen off the day and that is that my water on the knee has returned so I'm going to be a somewhat sedentary spectator. I've had the good fortune to have acquired a shooting stick from Malc's father so I'm going to find a decent vantage point and park my botty there for the day. Just wondering if anyone here who may be acquainted with the Manor might be able to point me at a hole commensurate with my requirements?
      Cf
      Anyway, if you're tuning in to the action on TV, please do look out for me. I'll be instantly recognisable from the fact that I'll be carrying a "Taylor Made" brolly with a Union Flag design.
      You may have to contend with water up to your knee, not just on it, but good luck gricer. I hear they are starting at 1:30.

The Ryder Cup is not a good tournament for parking your bottom in one place all day because, as there are only six groups, you won't see any golf three quarters of the time.

However, you could amuse yourself skimming stones off the puddles on the green and seeing if you can hit the flag. Watch out for the people on the other side though, and it is against golfing etiquette to do it when a player is taking a putt.
      Last edited by Doggy Styles; 3 October 2010, 10:08.

Comment

Cf
        We all know what you look like Threaded. We'll keep an eye out for you at the chip van. Please bring the horse though, it will be easier.

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          We all know what you look like Threaded. We'll keep an eye out for you at the chip van. Please bring the horse though, it will be easier.

Always have admired big solid Shire Horses. Colossal beasts.

Never seen one on top of a horse before though!
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
          X