• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tony Curtis - We Salute you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Curtis - We Salute you

A true Hollywood legend is no more.

In tribute I had to dig out my copy of "Some like it Hot" this evening, one of my all time favourite films.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    A true Hollywood legend is no more.

In tribute I had to dig out my copy of "Some like it Hot" this evening, one of my all time favourite films.
    sad. how old was he ?
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      sad. how old was he ?
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Although I respect him as an actor, I find myself less enthusiastic about his having married six times. I can appreciate and accept that sometimes a partnership doesn't work out or a partner dies, but he had at least 3 divorces (possibly a 4th and 5th, I can't be arsed to look it up) and that strikes me as being a little OTT.

Multiple marriages seem too common in the acting fraternity.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
          Although I respect him as an actor, I find myself less enthusiastic about his having married six times. I can appreciate and accept that sometimes a partnership doesn't work out or a partner dies, but he had at least 3 divorces (possibly a 4th and 5th, I can't be arsed to look it up) and that strikes me as being a little OTT.

Multiple marriages seem too common in the acting fraternity.
          I imagine they have a lot of free time when they're "resting" and so quickly get annoyed by their partners' behaviour. I know my betterhalf drives me up the wall when I'm benched, so I try and force myself out of the house most days (which also annoys her !!!!) Plus the actors (well those who have fame/money) have the option of finding someone else without the fear of being homeless/losing old friends. I wonder if a lot of relationships stay together merely through fear of being left alone in a dingy bedsit.
          Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

He got married six times, because he could.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 October 2010, 10:59.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              He got married six times, because he didn't learn from his mistakes
              FTFY
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                He got married six times, because he didn't learn from his mistakes
                FTFY
                LOL. What was it Rod Stewart said? Something like "Next time I'll find a woman I don't like, give her a house and half my money and skip the unpleasantness.".
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                X