PDA

View Full Version : Tony Curtis - We Salute you

norrahe
2nd October 2010, 22:10
A true Hollywood legend is no more.

In tribute I had to dig out my copy of "Some like it Hot" this evening, one of my all time favourite films.

EternalOptimist
2nd October 2010, 22:37
A true Hollywood legend is no more.

In tribute I had to dig out my copy of "Some like it Hot" this evening, one of my all time favourite films.

sad. how old was he ?

norrahe
2nd October 2010, 22:39
sad. how old was he ?

85 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11445991)

Saddo
3rd October 2010, 01:24
Although I respect him as an actor, I find myself less enthusiastic about his having married six times. I can appreciate and accept that sometimes a partnership doesn't work out or a partner dies, but he had at least 3 divorces (possibly a 4th and 5th, I can't be arsed to look it up) and that strikes me as being a little OTT.

Multiple marriages seem too common in the acting fraternity.

MrMark
3rd October 2010, 07:39
Although I respect him as an actor, I find myself less enthusiastic about his having married six times. I can appreciate and accept that sometimes a partnership doesn't work out or a partner dies, but he had at least 3 divorces (possibly a 4th and 5th, I can't be arsed to look it up) and that strikes me as being a little OTT.

Multiple marriages seem too common in the acting fraternity.

I imagine they have a lot of free time when they're "resting" and so quickly get annoyed by their partners' behaviour. I know my betterhalf drives me up the wall when I'm benched, so I try and force myself out of the house most days (which also annoys her !!!!) Plus the actors (well those who have fame/money) have the option of finding someone else without the fear of being homeless/losing old friends. I wonder if a lot of relationships stay together merely through fear of being left alone in a dingy bedsit.

BlasterBates
3rd October 2010, 10:57
He got married six times, because he could.

Troll
3rd October 2010, 11:59
He got married six times, because he didn't learn from his mistakesFTFY

Sysman
3rd October 2010, 12:18
He got married six times, because he didn't learn from his mistakes
FTFY

LOL. What was it Rod Stewart said? Something like "Next time I'll find a woman I don't like, give her a house and half my money and skip the unpleasantness.".