• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate change film by Richard Curtis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Climate change film by Richard Curtis

YouTube - Climate Change Propaganda 10-10 mini-movie - No Pressure

Disagree with us and you die.

Would you like to be blown by Gillian Anderson?

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
      Disagree with us and you die.

Well, presumably you don't care about dying, right?

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
        Well, presumably you don't care about dying, right?
        We all have to die .... it's just a question of timing
        HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          We all have to die .... it's just a question of timing
          HTH
          I think most of us make at least a token effort to stay alive for as long as possible though. Generally sobering up a bit before going driving, looking both ways before crossing a road, washing our hands before eating... that sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            I think most of us make at least a token effort to stay alive for as long as possible though. Generally sobering up a bit before going driving, looking both ways before crossing a road, washing our hands before eating... that sort of thing.
            ....think that's the timing bit
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
              (on visiting the 10-10 website they've taken this down due to complaints]
              How could they 'not' know how offended people would be watching that video?
              The realism of the blood and guts, and the fear on the faces of those standing around in shock just makes the impact worse and more disturbing for the audience. Its shocking that someone senior thought it was acceptable enough to sign this off and publish to the masses. A complete lack of judgement and emotional intelligence.
              The 10-10 executive team should be fired, the chuffing lot of them

[rant over]

Comment

Exactly WCSS

I bloody hope this hasn't made it to mainstream telly pre-primetime. How anyone could think that was acceptable is beyond me.

Comment

Agree with Cheesy Slicey man.

Complete lack of judgement on behalf of 10:10.

Reminds me of the suicide bomber 'VW' ad.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                    How could they 'not' know how offended people would be watching that video?
                    The realism of the blood and guts, and the fear on the faces of those standing around in shock just makes the impact worse and more disturbing for the audience. Its shocking that someone senior thought it was acceptable enough to sign this off and publish to the masses. A complete lack of judgement and emotional intelligence.
                    The 10-10 executive team should be fired, the chuffing lot of them

[rant over]
                    It is shocking isn't it. And just look at these posters...

That's well disturbing. That implies that just saying something out loud could kill hundreds of sailors by drowning and burning.

And now they're implying that children could die if you don't buy War Bonds? How insensitive is that?? Couldn't they just shut up and kind of ignore the war? Or just put some pictures of kittens up. I mean, we all have to die... it's just a question of timing. There's no need to actually show that it will be really, really horrid if we don't do something.

Comment

Working...
                    X