• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bowel Cancer & a tube up the botty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowel Cancer & a tube up the botty

Shame it wasn't around for Bobby Moore

So would you consider as part of an annual check-up?

Launching the anti-cancer plan, Mr Lansley said: "I want the NHS to deliver cancer survival rates comparable to the best in the world.

"We’re going to introduce an exciting new screening test for bowel cancer which could save up to 3,000 lives a year. We have secured the funding for a four-year roll out and will, subject to the green light from the UK National Screening Committee, begin pilots from spring next year."
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

My doctor did this last year.

He said you might feel some discomfort whilst he pushed it in.

What worried me is he had both hands on my shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      My doctor did this last year.

He said you might feel some discomfort whilst he pushed it in.

What worried me is he had both hands on my shoulders.

Comment

I suppose the bit that would worry me is that whatever they are shoving up my jacksy would have been up someone else's botty before me. I just hope they sterilise the damn thing beforehand.

Comment

I had one of these last year, and they connected the tube to a fire hose on a reel.

They said 'with an ass like that, we want to keep going and do a brain scan whilst we are up there'

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
            I suppose the bit that would worry me is that whatever they are shoving up my jacksy would have been up someone else's botty before me. I just hope they sterilise the damn thing beforehand.
            I hope so. They use the same equipment for endoscopy

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A tube is so 20th century. They'll be using leeches next.

Why can't they send a nanobot up there?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

This sounds like the sort of job that might be outsourced to HAB!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  This sounds like the sort of job that might be outsourced to HAB!!

You will just feel a little prick...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    And the 12 hours tulipting through the eye of a needle to clear your bowel out isn't a great deal of fun either.
                    Sounds like a trip to India!!
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X