• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear, who'd be a scouser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, who'd be a scouser

Pos.........Pld GD Pts
    16 Birmingham 7 -3 7
    17 Everton ...7 -1 6
    -------------------------
    18 Liverpool .7 -4 6
    19 Wolves ....7 -5 5
    20 West Ham ..7 -9 5

If Shankly was alive today he'd be turning in his grave. Can any Liverpool fans enlighten us as to what's going on?

Was Benitez a genius after all, for keeping them in the top half of the league for so long?

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    If Shankly was alive today he'd be turning in his grave.
    If he was alive why would he be in a grave when he could be in London supporting big club like Chelsea?

Comment

Good experience for the Dippers today for next season - playing Championship level sides.

The Premiership is looking a two horse race between City and Chelsea already.

These Americans sure know how to run a Premiership football club.
      Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Can any Liverpool fans enlighten us as to what's going on?
        I don't know that I would class myself as a Liverpool fan, but I have sympathy for their cause.

A big problem is that they rely upon a one trick pony whose name is Fernando Torres. And Torres has been unable to deliver the goods for most of last season and the beginning of this. Although Gerrard has his moments of brilliance they don't happen often enough to keep Liverpool in with the top rank.

I am also disappointed with Joe Cole's performance since he joined them on a free transfer at the beginning of the season. He's had a couple of moments of greatness but by and large looks like a player who is past his sell-by date.

However, I think the main problem they are struggling with at the moment is the ownership of the club. I noted news stories about their bankers not willing to offer further loans, and the current owners are playing fast and loose but won't give up. I can't help thinking these circumstances have an effect down in the dressing room.

Benetiz was a decent manager - he won the champions league with them, but I think some of the star players have been doing an impression of rats leaving a sinking ship in recent years. Torres is probably feeling p'd off.

I think Liverpool will probably manage to survive in the Premiership this year but they are definitely going to end in the bottom half of the table.

Comment

If Shankly was alive today he'd be turning in his grave
          Err, being alive usually equates to not being in a grave. Or have I just volunteered myself for the daily tulip award?

Comment

Thou shalt not dis mighty Everton - it's the eleventh commandment.

At least now we can concentrate on the FA Cup

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Thou shalt not dis mighty Everton - it's the eleventh commandment.

At least now we can concentrate on the FA Cup
              Next match for both clubs is the relegation derby.

As a southerner, this is the derby that I always enjoyed most in years gone by. Always about pride, usually at the sharper end of the table, and occasionally with some trinket still at stake.

But this will be the first 'derby' battle for survival I can remember.

Comment

Next match for both clubs is the relegation derby.

As a southerner, this is the derby that I always enjoyed most in years gone by. Always about pride, usually at the sharper end of the table, and occasionally with some trinket still at stake.

But this will be the first 'derby' battle for survival I can remember.
                we'll hang the kopites, one by one, on the banks of the Royal blue Mersey.

It always looked a bit greyish, rather than Royal Blue, but hey ho, its a good song anyway.

another one that me dad used to sing when he was merry on three pints of mild was..

if I had the wings of a sparrow
                if I had the @rse of a crow
                I'd fly over Anfield tomorrow
                and Sh1t on the b@stards below

but all the song and jokes were in good humour, never any real animosity

I reckon we will beat them 3-0

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My take on the situation as a suffering red.

We have had to turn a profit in transfer dealings for a couple of years, shipping out good players and bringing in inferior.
                  Alonso, Mascherano etc..

Too much going on off the field, if we had points on the board I would go into admin and take 9pt hit. However we can't.

Torres isn't fit and hasn't been for over a year.

Gerrard, Carra etc are a year older and have lost a yard of pace.

Rafa was a good manager, Roy has changed things around and the players have to adapt. Surely Torres, Gerrard, Cole can start playing together.

Its going to be a long tough season and if we finish in Uefa I'd be over the moon, however I think that Roy will be sacked in the next month if results dont come.

The start we had was a tough start - Man City, Arsenal, Man U, however we need to kick on now and show some spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    I reckon we will beat them 3-0

Dream on EO, you haven't got Andy Johnson now

Comment

Working...
                    X