PDA

View Full Version : The London tube strike and working from home

cojak
4th October 2010, 07:22
:banana:

Although the rest of the country isn't aware and wouldn't give a tinker's cuss if they were.

mudskipper
4th October 2010, 07:33
:banana:

Although the rest of the country isn't aware and wouldn't give a tinker's cuss if they were.

NSFW (although as everyone's working from home that isn't a problem!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHn-g7T9f9A

HairyArsedBloke
4th October 2010, 07:33
Anyone who isn't at work is a slacker. :mad

I live in London and the tube strike never stopped me getting to my desk bright and early. :happy

MarillionFan
4th October 2010, 07:43
Oooo. Another strike. Fascinating.

Bloody wasters. Plus as HAB says, you should have set off at 2am and walked in. Show BOb up!

Troll
4th October 2010, 08:03
Oooo. Another strike. Fascinating.

Bloody wasters. Plus as HAB says, you should have set off at 2am and walked in. Show BOb up!Our Bob has wangled working from home today... moi meanwhiile has made it into the office

MrMark
4th October 2010, 08:08
It's normally possible to use train and bus services instead in London. Obviously services are more packed if tube trains aren't running, but as mentioned upthread, getting up earlier can bypass that problem. Still, one compensation for being benched/washed up. :smile

norrahe
4th October 2010, 09:23
It's normally possible to use train and bus services instead in London. Obviously services are more packed if tube trains aren't running, but as mentioned upthread, getting up earlier can bypass that problem. Still, one compensation for being benched/washed up. :smile

Don't really fancy having to get up at 4am just to make it into the office on time and then spend 5 hours trying to get home. :eyes

WFH I can swear at my computer every time yet another e-mail comes through declaring yet more ineptitude.

Troll
4th October 2010, 09:50
WFH I can swear at my computer every time yet another e-mail comes through declaring yet more ineptitude.so plenty of Bobs on your project then?

norrahe
4th October 2010, 10:04
so plenty of Bobs on your project then?

No inherited a dying project and the programme manager keeps acting like a headless chicken, doesn't help he has no clue about project management or programme management and keeps butting in and contradicting what I'm trying to do.

Leaving in 3 weeks anyway :banana: