PDA

View Full Version : "and how are you finding the market?..."

MrMark
4th October 2010, 08:25
I cringe when I hear this question (I suppose I should be grateful that I'm still getting agents' calls though). Almost always it's a thinly-disguised fishing exercise. :tantrum:

Old Greg
4th October 2010, 08:30
I cringe when I hear this question (I suppose I should be grateful that I'm still getting agents' calls though). Almost always it's a thinly-disguised fishing exercise. :tantrum:

It is, but then aren't we fishing when we speak to agents? I find it best to conduct the dance with grace and decorum, even if it takes palce in a low-rent LA S & M club, and I'm the b1tch on a leash.

gingerjedi
4th October 2010, 08:36

I always thought it was to find out if a) You've been sat at home for 12 months i.e useless or b) You've continued to get work despite the difficult conditions i.e good at what you do.

I always make out I've been busy throughout. <itchy chin> :wink

MaryPoppins
4th October 2010, 08:38
It is, but then aren't we fishing when we speak to agents? I find it best to conduct the dance with grace and decorum, even if it takes palce in a low-rent LA S & M club, and I'm the b1tch on a leash.

I agree.

CheeseSlice
4th October 2010, 09:24

I had that one last week.
Today I've had "got any interviews lined up?"

The agent had a genuine role though, gave me the client name and location, and even put me forward at my asking rate that was £150 higher than the upper limit on the advert :D (was stupidly low to start with though)

minestrone
4th October 2010, 09:27
Someone should tell agents I am not going to call them back when they leave a mesage saying they have 'a couple of roles they would like to run past me'.

I don't know how any of them actually make a living.

MaryPoppins
4th October 2010, 09:51
Someone should tell agents I am not going to call them back when they leave a mesage saying they have 'a couple of roles they would like to run past me'.

I don't know how any of them actually make a living.

How come?