• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yet another cold Winter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another cold Winter

hmm looks like we might be for another corker.

Britain 'in for another big freeze winter' - Telegraph

But note this would be just weather, Britain gets warmer every year and mild winters are now the norm, this is just a one off.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

But note this would be just weather, Britain gets warmer every year and mild winters are now the norm, this is just a one off.
    Wow!! We haven't had one of those since last year!!
    Still, I am sure sasguru will be along shortly to set us straight on these recurring anomalies!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The "experts" find it difficult enough to predict weather two days ahead. Still, better safe than sorry, I'm going to dig out my hot water bottle, scarf, blanket and slippers. Something to keep me warm as I listen to a radio of a winters' night..
      Oh, I may invest in a few bottles of hot toddy too.
      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I think the clue is in the 'global' part of global warming.

Comment

Would this be those same experts who predicted a roasting hot summer instead of the pile of cack we got.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

If we have more cold winters across large parts of the world, people will use their heating more, resulting in huge increases in CO2, which will raise the global temperature even more.

I suggest a new tax on central heating systems to be applied during the winter months to offset this effect.

Think of the children!

Comment

Why don't people get tax breaks and subsidies for buying thermal clothing as they do with cavity wall insulation? Or a free hat as with loft insulation? Then turn their heating off. Much cheaper.

Comment

My solution would be to remove the winter heating allowance from people over a certain age...........say 60 for example. THAT ought to save a few bob, and will also result in a lot less crinklies clogging up Doctor's surgery when you want to get attention.
                As long as it is fair.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Snow coming by next weekend. Allegedly...
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Just stacked 2 tons of wood into the cellar for the wood burner...
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X