• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London to Paris by cycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London to Paris by cycle

Forget high speed trains linking Paris to London, we now have a cycle track. It's a bit wet in the middle and gets steadily worse in England though, as Englanders don't understand cycling. It would also be jolly expensive if you hired one of Boris Johnson's bikes for the trip.

BBC News - The London-Paris cycle route that keeps getting you lost

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Forget high speed trains linking Paris to London, we now have a cycle track. It's a bit wet in the middle and gets steadily worse in England though, as Englanders don't understand cycling. It would also be jolly expensive if you hired one of Boris Johnson's bikes for the trip.

BBC News - The London-Paris cycle route that keeps getting you lost

The UK side of the route does not work
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      The UK side of the route does not work
      Yep, we can build roads, even big roads, but cycle tracks leave us baffled.

Comment

That's because in a vastly overcrowded and gridlocked country, cycling makes no sense whatsoever. Everyone should drive of course.

Comment

Anybody seriously planning on doing this ?
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            I did it for charity a year ago. Jolly good fun it was too.

Comment

I'm seriously considering it - but not this year. Too much going on.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                I'm seriously considering it - but not this year. Too much going on.
                I was supposed to have a go at the next leg of this (Paris to Geneva) this year but also had too much going on to train sufficiently this year. Will definitely do it next year time permitting else I might approach SB or even Threaded's girth.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Will definitely do it next year time permitting
                  Yeah yeah..........course you will................Tubby!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    It's a definite possibility.

Comment

Working...
                    X