• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vintage Boris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Boris

Didn't vote for him but he's a class act

BBC News - Boris Johnson jokes about 'light-fingered Parisians'
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    A natural entertainer!!! What's the odds he ends up compering "Strictly Come Dancing" in the future?
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

I loved him on Have I got news for you. Very funny and very clever.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I think he will struggle to win against Red Ken with a fair amount of help from Bob Crow
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Is it because in Paris there are 50 billion trillion cycles and in London there are 3?

Comment

I don't Boris - he might be fine entertainer who belongs to his weekly column in the Telegraph, however he's got this wholly inappropriate attitude when it comes to serious job post he occupies. The reason he wins is because the alternative is Red Ken

Comment

I can see him giving Phil the Greek a run for his money when he comes of age.

Always championed Bozza and always will. I like the idea of restricting unions to only striking when at least 50% of them vote for it as well.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                I like the idea of restricting unions to only striking when at least 50% of them vote for it as well.
                And how would you like to apply the same principle to general election which is surely more important than some union strike ballot?

A better way to tackle strikes would be to charge on salary of the strikers (those who voted for it) all costs of economic damage they cause

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  And how would you like to apply the same principle to general election which is surely more important than some union strike ballot?

A better way to tackle strikes would be to charge on salary of the strikers (those who voted for it) all costs of economic damage they cause
                  I was thinking along similar lines this morning. Offer those that came in to work time x2 for the day and a day off in lieu (hope I spelt that right). Whilst those that went off on strike will be first in line when the cuts that are happening...

If they want job security - don't strike innit Let the others who want to live in fantasy land have a rude awakening. We'll still get in to work and they can't stop that which is being proven right now.

Bob Crowe is running out of options. So they'll do it again another 2 times this year - and the cuts will still go ahead. If I worked on the tube and wanted job security I'd be in 2 minds right now
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I like the Russian solution. Get the troublemakers and send them to the Birmingham gulag to slave away on a search engine till they drop dead from exhaustion

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X