• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why are the all the Daily-Mail-middle-class-closet-communists so outraged by....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the all the Daily-Mail-middle-class-closet-communists so outraged by....

the Chancellors plans?

Funny how they all hate the layabouts, but as soon as they lose a bit of benefits despite living on a 50k a year salary, all hell breaks loose.

Originally posted by ItsQuickerAntiClockwise View Post
    the Chancellors plans?

Funny how they all hate the layabouts, but as soon as they lose a bit of benefits despite living on a 50k a year salary, all hell breaks loose.
    I imagine it is because they feel that despite them paying a shedload more into the system, they receive very little back in return, and the one tangible thing they actually could point towards as some form of return on their investment, is about to be taken away from them. Not that hard to work out really.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I imagine it is because they feel that despite them paying a shedload more into the system, they receive very little back in return, and the one tangible thing they actually could point towards as some form of return on their investment, is about to be taken away from them. Not that hard to work out really.

They receive little back in return? What like education for their youngsters? Public transport? Health Care?

Or is that too hard to work out for you?

Comment

100 pounds extra a month is a noticable amount for most permies, even those on 50K a year. Which is only 3K a month.
        And after living expenses, i doubt most have more than 1K left over each month if they have kids.

But a 50K IT permie single and still living at home with mum, probably wont understand what the fuss is about.
        Last edited by Iron Condor; 4 October 2010, 16:25.

Comment

They receive little back in return? What like education for their youngsters? Public transport? Health Care?

Or is that too hard to work out for you?

Oh you mean they "receive back" merely the things that everyone else gets for a damned sight less? Oh well sure, that is entirely fair then.
          Moreover, most people on the salaries mooted also pay for Private Healthcare as well as funding the NHS, which they use a lot less. And many pay for Private Schooling as well as funding the overall Education Budget. And since when was Public Transport provided free via taxes then?
          You need to try a bit harder. Seriously. Pretty poor trolling really.
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Oh you mean they "receive back" merely the things that everyone else gets for a damned sight less? Oh well sure, that is entirely fair then.
            Moreover, most people on the salaries mooted also pay for Private Healthcare as well as funding the NHS, which they use a lot less. And many pay for Private Schooling as well as funding the overall Education Budget. And since when was Public Transport provided free via taxes then?
            You need to try a bit harder. Seriously. Pretty poor trolling really.

How on earth can you expect to get back exactly what you put in. We might as well just shut down democracy and just run a purely capitalist based society, every man for himself.

Thats the problem with this country, its all about what the government does for you.

This might strike you as a novelty, but I don't mind that as a higher earning member of society that I pay more taxes so that those earning less can get free healthcare. And as for pleading poverty, sorry but if you can't survive on 50k a year, even in London, then you need to start analysing your outgoings .....

Comment

How on earth can you expect to get back exactly what you put in. We might as well just shut down democracy and just run a purely capitalist based society, every man for himself.

Thats the problem with this country, its all about what the government does for you.

This might strike you as a novelty, but I don't mind that as a higher earning member of society that I pay more taxes so that those earning less can get free healthcare. And as for pleading poverty, sorry but if you can't survive on 50k a year, even in London, then you need to start analysing your outgoings .....
              Frankly IQUACK I don't like the idea of paying tax at all. I have now stopped paying any tax and pocket the VAT regularly as well as signing on & renting out rooms to immigrants in my house. I cannot wait for my 2.5% pay rise in the new year, what a bonus!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think there should be an upper limit on child benefit in terms of the number of sprogs that get funded.

Child 1 = 100%
                Child 2 = 50%
                Child 3 = 25%
                Child 4 = 0%

Also they need to tighten up the rules regarding disability payments. My son is totally blind but only qualifies for the mid level payment in terms of his mobility. That's because, in the words of the lady from the DSS, "he's only blind". So that means he should be able for find his way to the bus stop and get himself about with no vision what so ever, unaided. Yet you see planty of people who seem to have nothing wrong with them driving motability cars and holding blue badges.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Daily Wail readers should calm down, it'll all be fine.

Remember, Uncle Dave promised them a better life in the Torygraph last month.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    I think there should be an upper limit on child benefit in terms of the number of sprogs that get funded.

Child 1 = 100%
                    Child 2 = 50%
                    Child 3 = 25%
                    Child 4 = 0%
                    FTFY

George Osborne: Cap brought in on benefit claims

Chancellor George Osborne has announced plans for a maximum limit on the amount of benefits one family can claim.

He told the Conservative conference the cap would be set at the amount "the average family gets for going out to work", which is about £26,000 a year.
                    The limit on benefits would apply to the total received from jobseekers' allowance, income support, employment support allowance, housing benefit, council tax benefit, child benefit and child tax credit
                    So it wouldn't matter how many sprogs you had, they've all got to eat from the same bowl of porridge.
                    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 4 October 2010, 17:02.

Comment

Working...
                    X