• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Ryder Cup: A Reflection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ryder Cup: A Reflection

Wow! Where did that come from? What a sizzling afternoon of golf and what a result. Well done Monty.

I have to confess, I spent much of the tournament not feeling quite so sanguine; there was my visit on Sunday which was more redolent of the Glastonbury POP festival than a golf match what with all the mud and seemed to be evoking the demons of Carnoustie '99. Indeed, that wasn't the only parallel that could be drawn with '99 as the spectre of Brookline loomed as it appeared the US were putting together something of a comeback.

On a positive note, I think one of the things that has come to define this tournament has been the chorus of "Yoorup Yoorup" from the galleries in much the same way as the vuvazela defined the world cup. Then there were the individual performances: I was disappointed with the Mollinari brothers. I've been expecting big things particularly after Edouardo's victory at Loch Lomond but it was great to see Tiger back on fire again and I thought McIlroy acquitted himself well.

Don't know about you but I can't wait for Sawgrass in 2012.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

Don't know about you but I can't wait for Sawgrass in 2012.
    Get your facts right man! Ryder Cup 2012 is at the Medinah Country Club

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      He knows full well where it is, he's just likes the attention.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        Yes, I do apologise - I was getting confused with the Players' Championship.

Anyone know where the 2014 RC will be held?

Comment

Yes, Yoorup.

HTH
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Yes, I do apologise - I was getting confused with the Players' Championship.

GlenEagles

Comment

Not Wales. I seem to recall it's Gleneagles, so Colin Montgomerie can't be captain on his own turf just like Woosnam wasn't.

Comment

So, I was the only one on the AMS flight out of the valleys yesterday without an oversized brolly in my hand luggage. Most of the Americans were in good spirits and seemed to have enjoyed the trip although I did chuckle whilst stood out side a bar in town on Sat night as two passed by. One looking confused and saying to his mate "It's a bit strange. It's not like South Carolina" but as you'd expect there was no trouble anywhere AFAIK.

People I know who went to the event had a good time, enjoying the golf and a bit of celeb spotting. Michael Jordan was spotted supping a pint of Brains S.A. in one of the beer tents. He was also spotted in "SALT" on the Friday night - a bit of a tacky bar in the bay frequented by people who enjoy lurid looking alcopops.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

People I know who went to the event had a good time
                  Perhaps you don't know anyone who was made to stand in a car park in the teeming rain for 3 hours on Sunday morning beofre they were allowed onto the course!

Comment

Perhaps you don't know anyone who was made to stand in a car park in the teeming rain for 3 hours on Sunday morning beofre they were allowed onto the course!
                    Correct. But they didn't buy their VIP hospitality tickets on eBay.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X