• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At the water's edge, engage brain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the water's edge, engage brain

GPS directs driver to death in Spain's largest reservoir | World news | The Guardian

I imagine they must have been going at a fair old tilt, otherwise the forward momentum of the vehicle would have surely been arrested before the whole car was submerged. Plus no doubt the driver was over the limit and shouldn't have been driving.

Comment

I loved this bit.

Although both men managed to get out of the car, only one made it to the shore. Red Cross divers found the body of the unnamed driver at the bottom of the reservoir on Sunday morning.

The passenger was treated for bruising and light injuries.

Pictures of the scene show the old road running on a slight downhill slope straight into the reservoir, which is the biggest in the country.

"There was no explanation of why the GPS still showed the road as usable" said MilanBenes, lead .Net Developer. La Serena reservoir, which stores water from the Zújar river, was built in 1989.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

theres something fishy about this
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Water you on about EO. You think the GPS is just a red herring.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Water you on about EO. You think the GPS is just a red herring.

I think they may have had a few gills
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)

Comment

In related news:

Last week a white van had to be airlifted off a Swiss mountain when the driver found himself stranded at its peak after being directed up a "glorified goat track".

10 out of 10 for effort.

Van trapped up mountains after following satnav - Telegraph

In July 2008, a Syrian lorry driver transferring luxury cars from Turkey to Gibraltar mistakenly ended up 1600 miles away at Gibraltar Point near Skegness.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                In related news:

Last week a white van had to be airlifted off a Swiss mountain when the driver found himself stranded at its peak after being directed up a "glorified goat track".

10 out of 10 for effort.

Van trapped up mountains after following satnav - Telegraph

In July 2008, a Syrian lorry driver transferring luxury cars from Turkey to Gibraltar mistakenly ended up 1600 miles away at Gibraltar Point near Skegness.
                Switzerland ?????

I thought the Van Trapp family was from Austria

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  I think they may have had a few gills
                  Yeah, they also didn't see the water, the drop wasn't exactly off a cliff edge, the water was only 3 metres deep, 8 metres from shore and the other guy didn't go back to help. All possible, but a fatality would be tricky to achieve by sober people.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Switzerland ?????

I thought the Van Trapp family was from Austria

Comment

Working...
                    X