• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are agents days numbered?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are agents days numbered?

This may sound strange but today I've had a couple of calls direct from HR departments at a couple of well known companies asking if I'm available for work.

Is this a new pattern? Has it happened to any of you guys? I haven't worked for these companies before, directly or indirectly.

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    This may sound strange but today I've had a couple of calls direct from HR departments at a couple of well known companies asking if I'm available for work.

Is this a new pattern? Has it happened to any of you guys? I haven't worked for these companies before, directly or indirectly.
    It was me having a laugh. Gotcha!
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      It was me having a laugh. Gotcha!
      Amazing, thanks for the accompanying emails too.

Btw, stop all that masturbation, you won't go blind but the friction burns will be a bastard.

Comment

i've seen a few direct ads on jobswerve, not sure if that is more than before

Comment

There was a piece in the papers that both Burger King and McDonalds had taken to hiring staff directly.

Well done. Two offers!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've only had one direct approach and that was via linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              There was a piece in the papers that both Burger King and McDonalds had taken to hiring staff directly.

Well done. Two offers!
              Thank you for your normally useless contribution. I bet your father curses the day his condom broke.

Comment

This may sound strange but today I've been head hunted by HR departments at a couple of well known companies asking if I'm available for work.

FTFY
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I haven't encountered anything quite so proactive - but in my experience, the line that "Companies prefer to deal with agents, and don't like getting calls direct from contractors" is far from the truth. As long as you're professional about it, absence of an agency swings the balance drastically in your favour.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    FTFY
                    Don't mention the "H" word, you know it only upsets SASGURU...

Comment

Working...
                    X