• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commonwealth Games: Bob strikes again.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commonwealth Games: Bob strikes again.

Jonathan Edwards warns 'real concerns' over Delhi track.

Some choice quotes:

First of all, we should say, this is a culture where things do get ready at the last moment. It's not a case of getting ready 24, 48 hours beforehand testing things, it's a last minute culture. That said, there are a number of very real concerns.
    There is a general feeling while there are lots of people down here, there's no sense of real urgency.
    Welcome to our (IT) world Jonathan.

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Jonathan Edwards warns 'real concerns' over Delhi track.

Some choice quotes:

Welcome to our (IT) world Jonathan.
    Quality!

They will probably fill the swimming pool a few seconds before the start.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Jonathan Edwards is almost right. It's a culture where you say it's all going to be OK until the last minute, and then fail to deliver what a reasonable person would expect of a professional outfit. They are probably insisting on signed CRs for the infield as we type - "you didn't tell us you wanted grass".
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Jonathan Edwards is almost right. It's a culture where you say it's all going to be OK until the last minute, and then fail to deliver what a reasonable person would expect of a professional outfit. They are probably insisting on signed CRs for the infield as we type - "you didn't tell us you wanted grass".
        Great editing by the Beeb as well - as Jonathan says there is no real sense of urgency the camera pans to a bunch of Bobs just sitting there.

Comment

As I sit here listening every day to a (rather vocal) female Test Manager shouting down the phone to a gang of Bob's failing to deliver, how familiar it all sounds

She tells them she is handing over a number of test cases to the onshore team; "why is it that my team have completed 9 test cases in 2 hours and your team can't complete 2 in a day".

I have been through that pain too though thankfully am not currently dealing with Bob directly.

They provide a global solution - "failing to deliver across the globe".

Comment

Ah..but Bob is paid (when converted) the equivalent of 2/9 of the salaries of the UK workers!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
              As I sit here listening every day to a (rather vocal) female Test Manager shouting down the phone to a gang of Bob's failing to deliver, how familiar it all sounds

She tells them she is handing over a number of test cases to the onshore team; "why is it that my team have completed 9 test cases in 2 hours and your team can't complete 2 in a day".

I have been through that pain too though thankfully am not currently dealing with Bob directly.

They provide a global solution - "failing to deliver across the globe".
              It is not specified that running track must be flat! This is change request, not finding!
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Commonwealth Games athletics track is uneven.

Love the smile on Jonathan's face when he is trying to be diplomatic.

Comment

Arent we all forgetting that Bob Shawadiwadi does it for much cheapness and plenty quickness?

Comment

It's not ... er ... ideal
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X