• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jobserve down?

For the past couple of days I've been getting a website error when logging into jobserve. Anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Nexxy; 5 October 2010, 19:54.

Originally posted by Nexxy View Post
    Foe the past couple of days I've been getting a website error when logging into jobserve. Anyone else had this problem?
    No. It normally occurs if your IP address has been blocked because you're on the agency blacklist. Drop their support line a help and ask if you've been added.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      No. It normally occurs if your IP address has been blocked because you're on the agency blacklist. Drop their support line a help and ask if you've been added.
      MF's diagnosis is correct, but the remedy incorrect. I have a 'back door' into the agencies' collective blacklist and greylist and for £100 can ensure you are not on either.

Comment

Cheers guys. Must confess I've been contracting 15 years and never heard of an agency blacklist / greylist. How does it work?
        Last edited by Nexxy; 5 October 2010, 19:55.

Comment

Cheers guys. Must confess I've been contracting 15 years and never heard of an agency blacklist / greylist. How does it work?
          Well, you give Old Greg or MF 100 quid and they promise not to submit your cv with their names on.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Have you signed up for Jobserves Gold service? Fantastic idea. Costs £200 a year(which is a bit expensive) but you get access to Job Adverts an hour before they go onto the main site.

I've got in really early for a number of contracts. Well worth it.

Comment

I can give you access to the blacklist for £450 a day and access to the greylist for £550 a day.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
                I can give you access to the blacklist for £450 a day and access to the greylist for £550 a day.
                Don't be silly. The PNG only charge £150 and most of us only paid £100 max.

Anyway just drop Jobserve a line. As long as you haven't walked out on a contract with one of the big guys it's probably just a mistake.

Comment

Don't listen to the spivs - they're just trying to rip you off.

The blacklist is contractors who will not be hired through most agencies. The greylist is contractors who will work for low rates. Having worked for the shell company controlling both lists, I can 'sort' it for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X