• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those wonderful Multi Functional Devices we is blessed with.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those wonderful Multi Functional Devices we is blessed with.

Or Printer/Photocopier/Scanner thingies as attached to the network around here, like.

They went funny back in July.

They've not worked as printers* since the beginning of September.

They were allegedly fixed last week.

They are still as screwed as a very screwed thing indeed.

I shall be servicing one with an axe shortly.

*I have no idea if they work as scanners since I never got that to work in the first place. It's supposed to email your scan to you. They seem to still work as photocopiers though. Just about.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Come to think of it, if I could get the scanner function to work, I could email a scan of my arse to the Help Desk.
    dont even think about it.
    if your @rse goes through the platting glass, not only will you have sixteen trainee nurses laughing as they pull shards out of your butt, but the copier company will make you pay for the glass

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      It's ok, it's so difficult to enter the email address on the front panel that you'd have died of old age before getting to the stage of sitting on the glass.
      Do they not have a built in configuration/diagnostics utility that you can access via a browser across the LAN?

You could have shed-loads of fun with that facility...

Comment

my next nobel prize will be for inventing a copier glass bum recognition detector.

when it detects a bum approaching (in a downward direction) a loud hooter would sound and the copier would shout 'hey gerroff' in a Wallace and grommit type voice

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

My old scanner/copier/fax/printer has been low on ink for some time, so I decided to buy a new one for not much more than the ink would have cost. Despite the high dpi stated on the box, the print quality is a bit randomly tulip though. Maybe I'll try it on the high quality setting next time. It's also got an optional WiFi setting, which i turned on during setup for the hell of it. No idea how to turn it off as I really don't want to have to read the manual, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's slower than the USB cable that is still plugged in.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            My old scanner/copier/fax/printer has been low on ink for some time, so I decided to buy a new one for not much more than the ink would have cost. Despite the high dpi stated on the box, the print quality is a bit randomly tulip though. Maybe I'll try it on the high quality setting next time. It's also got an optional WiFi setting, which i turned on during setup for the hell of it. No idea how to turn it off as I really don't want to have to read the manual, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's slower than the USB cable that is still plugged in.
            We bought an all-in-one printer recently, no problems. WiFi works great. Configuration was novel, it printed an alignment sheet then asked you to put the alignment sheet onto the scanner platen. It then calibrated itself. Nifty.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              We bought an all-in-one printer recently, no problems. WiFi works great. Configuration was novel, it printed an alignment sheet then asked you to put the alignment sheet onto the scanner platen. It then calibrated itself. Nifty.
              I tried installing mine on Ubuntu for the hell of it. But I only allowed myself to waste 20 minutes on it. I had a little more success with this printer than my last, which didn't print at all. This one feeds paage after page though the printer and doesn't stop.

Comment

Working...
              X