• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

French say terror attack in UK "highly likely"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France has urged citizens travelling to Britain to be "extremely vigilant" amid raised fears of a terror attack there.

The French government said it was now "highly likely" public transport and tourist sites in the UK would be hit.
    slinky

They've got some nerve. I'm tempted to pop in the French BNP bank down the road and tell all the Frenchies to go home to Vichy, for the duration...
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

You damage their tourist industry, they'll damage yours.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

I have strong feeling something is about to go down.

Said the actress to the Bishop

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I have strong feeling something is about to go down.

Said the actress to the Bishop
        It won't. Serves no purpose now. The battle is being fought by financial terrorism instead.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

What I don't understand is what these "terrorists" are hoping to achieve. At least with the Northern Ireland and Spain campaigns in years gone by they had a mission which went along the lines of wanting to create their own country. But with the current lot I just don't know what they would measure as success.

Comment

Originally posted by Saddo View Post
            What I don't understand is what these "terrorists" are hoping to achieve. At least with the Northern Ireland and Spain campaigns in years gone by they had a mission which went along the lines of wanting to create their own country. But with the current lot I just don't know what they would measure as success.
            ah, the old 'judging people by my own standards' approach

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              ah, the old 'judging people by my own standards' approach
              There is any other standard?

Comment

Not really the case.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Not really the case.
                  hows it going son ?

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

There is any other standard?
                    Yes, of course there is. Imagine these people cared more about their religious beliefs than countries or borders, for example. You may not think it logical but you could accept that they do.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X