• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pisces Returns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pisces Returns

Contractor accountants. Pisces Accounts - Accountancy Services for contractors - Home

Seems pretty cheap, certainly compared to my SJD.

Anyone any experience/thoughts?
    Gronda Gronda

I reckon you'd be struggling to provide a decent service for that fee.

Comment

I would stick to using a qualified accountant, the guy running this has a BTEC in accounts, fab eh!

Sounds like a one man operation who sat some exams but was never admitted as a member of any accounting body worth mentioning.

Remember anyone can call themselves an accountant.

The website is a bit limited just a few pages, probably off the shelf.
      "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

To be fair Waldorf, he's also an Incorporated Financial Acountant, which isn't one of the biggies but still recognised as a professional qualification. Dunno why he put in about the BTEC though - about as relevant as putting a Cycling Proficiency badge on your CV.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
          To be fair Waldorf, he's also an Incorporated Financial Acountant, which isn't one of the biggies but still recognised as a professional qualification. Dunno why he put in about the BTEC though - about as relevant as putting a Cycling Proficiency badge on your CV.
          I've worked in accountancy for nearly 20 years now, and I've never heard of that body. I've worked for small practices, one of the Big 4, and have never come across a single person in that institute before. That's not to say this bloke doesn't know what he's doing, but a BTEC, and failing the CIMA exams 13 years ago doesn't strike me as the highest standards. Even if you didn't have the time/inclination to obtain one of the major bodies' qualifications (ie ICAEW, ACCA or CIMA) why wouldn't you at least start with CAT?

Comment

A quick google of "incorporated financial accountant" pulls up the IFA.org.uk website which proves the bona fides but I agree with Vallah to a certain extent as I have only heard of a couple of members in my 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Vallah View Post
              That's not to say this bloke doesn't know what he's doing, but a BTEC, and failing the CIMA exams 13 years ago doesn't strike me as the highest standards.
              When the site states 'passing the final stage in November 1997' how does that translate into failing?
              Gronda Gronda

Comment

Originally posted by the_rangdo View Post
                When the site states 'passing the final stage in November 1997' how does that translate into failing?
                As someone who sat these exams many years ago, I find it strange that if, after all that hard work you did not apply for membership, it does seem a strange approach.

I have to say I have never heard of an Incorporated Financial Accountant until today!

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
                  As someone who sat these exams many years ago, I find it strange that if, after all that hard work you did not apply for membership, it does seem a strange approach.

I have to say I have never heard of an Incorporated Financial Accountant until today!
                  Same here, I've certainly never come across anyone studying for their exams or even mentioning them as a body.
                  ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by *Clare* View Post
                    Same here, I've certainly never come across anyone studying for their exams or even mentioning them as a body.

Hmmm, something sounds a bit fishy then.

IGMC
                    Gronda Gronda

Comment

Working...
                    X