• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling a the company instead of closing ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a the company instead of closing ?

I have a 3 years old contractor`s LTD that is being closed, it has turnover below 100K each year. Are there people who might be interested in buying it ? For the healthy histroy , etc . And what money ?

Originally posted by supergal View Post
    I have a 3 years old contractor`s LTD that is being closed, it has turnover below 100K each year. Are there people who might be interested in buying it ? For the healthy histroy , etc . And what money ?
    Is the 3 year old bored of it now?

Comment

eBay it.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

More out of curiosity, what would you include with the business? i.e what value does it have?

I assume you set up shares for £1 when you first started. So share value = £1, or would you not include these in the sale?

I would also assume you would remove all capital from the bank minus HMRC bills.

Would you include company assets such as the laptop, printer/fax/scanner and/or mobile I assume you acquired via the company? If not would these be written off in company accounts?

Would you pay any fees in transferring company details i.e accountancy drawing up company accounts to date, legal writing the contract of sale, any possible Companies House fees? or would the buyer assume these costs. This could be quite significant and if more than £150 the buyer could form there own company.

Would you include the company website, stationery etc. this may add £150 to the value at a guess.

Essentially, what would be included, what do you value your company at and what are you looking to sell it for?
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          More out of curiosity, what would you include with the business? i.e what value does it have?

I assume you set up shares for £1 when you first started. So share value = £1, or would you not include these in the sale?

I would also assume you would remove all capital from the bank minus HMRC bills.

Would you include company assets such as the laptop, printer/fax/scanner and/or mobile I assume you acquired via the company? If not would these be written off in company accounts?

Would you pay any fees in transferring company details i.e accountancy drawing up company accounts to date, legal writing the contract of sale, any possible Companies House fees? or would the buyer assume these costs. This could be quite significant and if more than £150 the buyer could form there own company.

Would you include the company website, stationery etc. this may add £150 to the value at a guess.

Essentially, what would be included, what do you value your company at and what are you looking to sell it for?
          Don't feed the troll

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
            Don't feed the troll
            Why? Are you not hungry Woderick???
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post

no no . Apparently some people are interested in buying LTDs just because it existed for few years and had healthy accounts. I guess it can then be used to get loans or something more easily...

Comment

Let me guess, going back to Oz?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  Let me guess, going back to Oz?
                  going nonresident ...

Comment

no no . Apparently some people are interested in buying LTDs just because it existed for few years and had healthy accounts. I guess it can then be used to get loans or something more easily...
                    but you haven't answered my question, what is it exactly you are considering selling?, what do you value it at? and how much we're you hoping to get for it? If you want someone to invest in or buy out your co. you have to do a bit better than

"umm errr <looks down, shuffles shoes umcomfortably> so would you like a company? it's good, honest"

You don't put an advert online saying

"apparently some people would like to buy a car so I'm selling mine as it's a healthy running car"

you say something like

"for sale: <make> <model> car for sale, <trimmings/outstanding qualities to tempt possible buyer to buy>, worth <large figure based upon your opinion of previous details>, selling for <smaller value to make it look a good deal> for a quick sale"
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X