• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TUPE

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUPE

I'm being TUPE'd!

Got a meeting in minute, marvellous.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm being TUPE'd!

Got a meeting in minute, marvellous.
    You a permie then?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You a permie then?
      For the last 5 months, I figured it would be ok to hang around as I've been looking for a way out from day one.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

For the last 5 months, I figured it would be ok to hang around as I've been looking for a way out from day one.
        You figured wrong.

The doors that way ----->

Here, let me

Comment

It transpires that being TUPE'd means being transfered and given notice on the same day, great bit of protective legislation that is.

Comment

I was Permie once, got a meeting invite, with attached agenda.

Item 6 Welcome transfered resource.

We got to item 6 on the agenda, when I found out it was me.

Got to love IT
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

It transpires that being TUPE'd means being transfered and given notice on the same day, great bit of protective legislation that is.
              At least TUPE prevented them changing your redundo rights, not that it'll help you after 5 months right enough.....but it COULD have protected you. Bow down and give thanks to the EEC for potentially (but not quite) protecting your rights.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

You'll either be treated as valued resource that they want to look after and transfer in, or a POS on the bottom of their shoe and given notice. If you've only been perm 5 months, there ain't gonna be an redundancy pay.

Kept your Ltd Co. going, did we??

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                  You'll either be treated as valued resource that they want to look after and transfer in, or a POS on the bottom of their shoe and given notice. If you've only been perm 5 months, there ain't gonna be an redundancy pay.

Kept your Ltd Co. going, did we??
                  Oh yes, NW have been getting half fees.

Looks like 1 month gardening leave so if I manage to land a contract it could work in my favour.

Comment

Oh yes, NW have been getting half fees.

Looks like 1 month gardening leave so if I manage to land a contract it could work in my favour.
                    Bob takes another scalp.

Actually I've been on the 'TUPEING' side for the last two contracts.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X