• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed! Benched contractor living on food handouts from charity!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed! Benched contractor living on food handouts from charity!

Link

Sara lives in the relatively prosperous Wiltshire market town of Salisbury with her husband, a contractor who works in training. The couple have two children, aged 11 and eight. They seem to be a middle class family in classic Middle Britain.

She lives in a four-bedroom house, drives an expensive car... and has relied on food handouts to feed her family
    It's about time I changed this sig...

There's loads of MoD work around Salisbury, I'm always seeing job adds.

I bet he can't get passed the SC conundrum.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"We cut back on as many things as we could. Our first plan was to sell the car, as it's worth a fair bit, but we couldn't. Nobody wanted to buy it."
      She's just not trying hard enough.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
        Exactly. I stopped reading after that line... what a twat, of course you can sell it luv, try reducing the price.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
          Exactly. I stopped reading after that line... what a twat, of course you can sell it luv, try reducing the price.
          Any cut price Bentley Brooklands going?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Is the same Sara from BBC debt diary?

Comment

"Suddenly we had no income and had used up all our savings. Any money we did have went quickly on paying the mortgage, and our credit cards were also maxed out." - Terrible news

Sara is keen to point out that neither she nor her husband smoke or drink, and that the family had been using vouchers from newspapers for their last few holidays. - But you still managed a holiday.Ok??

"We cut back on as many things as we could. Our first plan was to sell the car, as it's worth a fair bit, but we couldn't. Nobody wanted to buy it." Hey? Easy to sell a car, take an offer???

Unable to claim benefits, Why? Oh because you earn to much and have assets!!!!! and having previously donated to the Trussell Trust through her children's school harvest festival, What a ******* tin of beans! Sara eventually resorted to using it herself at the end of August. The experience of visiting her local foodbank left her amazed and humbled".

FFS!! You're just not trying!!!!
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                ...The experience of visiting her local foodbank left her amazed and humbled".
                What's a foodbank?

Comment

I suspect there are 1000s like this, caught out by the turgid economy and the rise of bob. But unlikely to get much empathy here from the permie bogus contractor set!
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    What's a foodbank?
                    What is a foodbank?

A foodbank gives three days of nutritionally balanced food and support to people experiencing emotional or financial crisis. Our foodbank network is mobilising communities across the UK to meet the needs of their neighbours by setting up a foodbank in their own town.
                    The Trussell Trust - The foodbank
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X