PDA

View Full Version : My local tip is too far away

TimberWolf
7th October 2010, 15:06
It takes about half an hour by car to get there and I only want to dump a printer and some packaging. Oddly enough, the woman in PC World who knew all about selling printers and ink and especially the intricacies of insurance products and warranties said she would have to make enquiries about whether they disposed of old printers. She never did though.

chef
7th October 2010, 15:10
Put it on your street with a note attached "I'm working & looking for a good home". It'll be gone before tomorrow morning.

TimberWolf
7th October 2010, 15:11
Put it on your street with a note attached "I'm working & looking for a good home". It'll be gone before tomorrow morning.

I can vouch that that works for bicycles, even without a note. Not so sure if it's a goer with a printer devoid of ink though.

PRC1964
7th October 2010, 15:12
As I said in the eBay thread. Freecycle is the way to get rid of all your unwanted junk.

TimberWolf
7th October 2010, 15:13
As I said in the eBay thread. Freecycle is the way to get rid of all your unwanted junk.

Even broken junk?

wobbegong
7th October 2010, 15:16
Even broken junk?

People SELL broken junk on Ebay, usually as "spares or repairs".

PRC1964
7th October 2010, 15:17
Even broken junk?

It's worked for me in the past. There's often someone out there who can't resist the lure of something (no matter how tatty) that is free.

I got rid of a broken discontinued garden strimmer a couple of weeks ago.

wobbegong
7th October 2010, 15:23
It's worked for me in the past. There's often someone out there who can't resist the lure of something (no matter how tatty) that is free.

I got rid of a broken discontinued garden strimmer a couple of weeks ago.

Someone might need bit off it to repair their one. It sounds like a good scheme to me.

TimberWolf
7th October 2010, 15:24
I've got visions of them wanting a warranty, the discs, documentation and support, for a free printer. Assuming there is someone out there in the market for a printer requiring ink costing more than the printer is worth. Didn't someone get sued for giving away something free and non-working once?

SupremeSpod
7th October 2010, 15:26
I've got visions of them wanting a warranty, the discs, documentation and support, for a free printer. Assuming there is someone out there in the market for a printer requiring ink costing more than the printer is worth. Didn't someone get sued for giving away something free and non-working once?

Stop being a lazy bastard and take the bloody thing to the tip.

TimberWolf
7th October 2010, 15:27
Stop being a lazy bastard and take the bloody thing to the tip.

Think of the CO2. First I'll have to find out when the tip is open.