• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My local tip is too far away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My local tip is too far away

It takes about half an hour by car to get there and I only want to dump a printer and some packaging. Oddly enough, the woman in PC World who knew all about selling printers and ink and especially the intricacies of insurance products and warranties said she would have to make enquiries about whether they disposed of old printers. She never did though.

Put it on your street with a note attached "I'm working & looking for a good home". It'll be gone before tomorrow morning.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Put it on your street with a note attached "I'm working & looking for a good home". It'll be gone before tomorrow morning.
      I can vouch that that works for bicycles, even without a note. Not so sure if it's a goer with a printer devoid of ink though.

Comment

As I said in the eBay thread. Freecycle is the way to get rid of all your unwanted junk.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          As I said in the eBay thread. Freecycle is the way to get rid of all your unwanted junk.
          Even broken junk?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Even broken junk?
            People SELL broken junk on Ebay, usually as "spares or repairs".
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Even broken junk?
              It's worked for me in the past. There's often someone out there who can't resist the lure of something (no matter how tatty) that is free.

I got rid of a broken discontinued garden strimmer a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                It's worked for me in the past. There's often someone out there who can't resist the lure of something (no matter how tatty) that is free.

I got rid of a broken discontinued garden strimmer a couple of weeks ago.
                Someone might need bit off it to repair their one. It sounds like a good scheme to me.
                The vegetarian option.

Comment

I've got visions of them wanting a warranty, the discs, documentation and support, for a free printer. Assuming there is someone out there in the market for a printer requiring ink costing more than the printer is worth. Didn't someone get sued for giving away something free and non-working once?

Comment

I've got visions of them wanting a warranty, the discs, documentation and support, for a free printer. Assuming there is someone out there in the market for a printer requiring ink costing more than the printer is worth. Didn't someone get sued for giving away something free and non-working once?
                    Stop being a lazy bastard and take the bloody thing to the tip.

Comment

Working...
                    X