PDA

View Full Version : Brits' sense of humour fails at the age of 52

HairyArsedBloke
8th October 2010, 07:29
:eek

Sminki (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/8048844/Brits-sense-of-humour-fails-at-the-age-of-52-study-finds.html)

DimPrawn
8th October 2010, 07:38
I don't believe it!

:mad

EternalOptimist
8th October 2010, 07:43
It's not just the Brits. Sheila DikSh1t is Indian, over 52 and she hasnt had a laugh for years

:rolleyes:

shaunbhoy
8th October 2010, 07:44
Hey??? I am 52................and I don't find this very funny!!
Oh...wait a minute....yes I do!!

:laugh :laugh :laugh

MarillionFan
8th October 2010, 08:24
Incredible! That must mean there's some very old posters on here.

Also, is not being born with a sense of humour a disability? If so, I feel guilty for winding up Pogle & Fitzy :eyes

TimberWolf
8th October 2010, 08:31
Perhaps older people find less amusement in other's misfortunes? After all isn't that what laughing is all about? What is a joke without a victim? And displaying of teeth, etc.

MarillionFan
8th October 2010, 08:36
Perhaps older people find less amusement in other's misfortunes? After all isn't that what laughing is all about? What is a joke without a victim? And displaying of teeth, etc.

Probably. As you get up to SB's age, you probably think, that could be me next!

EternalOptimist
8th October 2010, 08:40

my dad used to say that.
he said if you heard a funny joke you might laugh for ages, but if you saw an old lady fall down a coal-hole you would probably split your sides

shaunbhoy
8th October 2010, 08:42
Probably. As you get up to SB's age, you probably think, that could be me next!

I am still more than happy to laugh at others' misfortunes.
I think, "Thank Fook that is not me......silly old buffer!!"
Anyway, I think I will make a fantastic old curmudgeon. My life thus far has been building up to it. And I am well on track!!

:banana: :banana:

TimberWolf
8th October 2010, 08:53
my dad used to say that.
he said if you heard a funny joke you might laugh for ages, but if you saw an old lady fall down a coal-hole you would probably split your sides

Didn't she do well?

xoggoth
8th October 2010, 09:38
It might be connected to decline in libido as all the best jokes are dirty, about huge bums and fannies etc

I actually invented a joke the other day.

Richard Gere is guesting on Top Gear
Come the time for shooting, Clarkson is running around in a panic saying has anyone seen Hammond?