• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is this Indian summer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be that I am suffering from my delusions again, but I am sure I heard the weatherman saying earlier this week that it would be fine by Friday; I am sure he used the phrase 'Indian Summer.'

It's 'orrid outside.

Can't blame it on the Bobs - wrong sort of Indian.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    It could be that I am suffering from my delusions again, but I am sure I heard the weatherman saying earlier this week that it would be fine by Friday; I am sure he used the phrase 'Indian Summer.'

It's 'orrid outside.

The mozzies are still hanging on, here on the mainland.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

just north of Earl's Court

google

HTH
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

It's 'orrid outside.

I just cleaned my glasses and it still looks foggy outside. Can someone confirm fog before I go to the opticians with suspected cataracts.

TIA

SY01
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The phrase 'Indian Summer' is often mistakenly thought to refer to the Indian subcontinent, in reality it refers to the Indians (more correctly called Native Americans) living in the Canadian wilds north of the Arctic circle, where, it will not surprise you to learn, it is effing cold.

So there you have it; 'Indian Summer' explained.

Next week on "Why, Wobby, why" I'll be looking at back-to-front phrases like 'believe you me'.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            just north of Earl's Court

google

HTH
            You go there first. UrbanSpoon
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Comment

Really enjoying this thread but I need to take a tulip. Back in 20.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                The phrase 'Indian Summer' is often mistakenly thought to refer to the Indian subcontinent,
                Not by me - that is why I said ....

Comment

Perhaps it's been offshored, with or without Bob's help.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                    Perhaps it's been offshored,
                    Probably. They always take the nice things away.

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    It's in Wales.
                    It was bound to be somewhere in the third world.

Comment

Working...
                    X