• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nobel Peace Prize

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobel Peace Prize

No thread on this yet?

Peaceful Person Wins Peace Prize Shock!

In a startling turn of events the committee which gives prizes in the memory of the man who invented dynamite has honoured someone who has failed to kill anyone, send suicide squads to murder children, order drone strikes, or plant a tree.

This years Nobel Peace Prize goes to jailed Chinese dissident Liu Xiaobo. The Norwegian Nobel Committee said he was honoured "for his long and non-violent struggle for fundamental human rights in China," and added that the Committee ' has long believed that there is a close connection between human rights and peace".

There is clearly no fooling this years Committee unlike last year when some people criticised the choice. Barack Obama won despite being nominated just 11 days into his Presidency He went on to surge troops into Afghanistan, fail to close Guatnanamo Bay prison, and fire more missiles into Pakistan in one year than George Bush managed in seven. In mitigation he worked hard on nuclear missile reduction and the Israeli/Palestinian talks..........................
    How do you reckon the Chinese are going to react to this one?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Well done that chap.

I hate bullies and I like people who stand up to them.

The prize might just be the one thing that keeps him alive.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Well done that chap.

I hate bullies and I like people who stand up to them.

The prize might just be the one thing that keeps him alive.
      Long enough to collect the money, be reincarcerated and the money confiscated by the state.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Long enough to collect the money, be reincarcerated and the money confiscated by the state.
        Hmmm, I think killing a Nobel Peace Prize winner would be viewed quite dimly by most of the world. Not that it matters; the so-called 'international community' has never done a bloody thing about the Chinese government's enslavement of its own people, and certainly nothing for Tibet. Quite the opposite; most western governments seem to enjoy licking the arses of the Chinese government to keep business going, and because we all owe tuliploads of money to China, thanks to the likes of Mr Brown, Mr Bush, Mr B Liar etc, nothing's going to happen.

Comment

This isn't a proper Nobel Prize as it doesn't involve sticking carbon atoms together like the rest of them.

Comment

Killing rooms, organ harvesting. Its a sick country

falun gong
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Killing rooms, organ harvesting. Its a sick country

falun gong
              Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X