• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why waste it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why waste it?

Good to know those poor Chilean miners should be rescued fairly soon but after all that money has been spent boring a hole and making a cage to go up and down in it, does it make sense to waste them?

We should be rounding people up and sending them down into the mine to get them out of our hair. Any suggestions?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Good to know those poor Chilean miners should be rescued fairly soon but after all that money has been spent boring a hole and making a cage to go up and down in it, does it make sense to waste them?

We should be rounding people up and sending them down into the mine to get them out of our hair. Any suggestions?
    Bob Crow
    Graham Norton
    Peter Mandelson
    Peter Hain
    Yvette Cooper
    Wayne Rooney
    Dawn Primarolo
    Alan Sugar
    Gordon Ramsay
    John Prescott

I could go on.............and on...............and on................
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

I could go on.............and on...............and on................
      You do.........you do

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I havent seen anything in the news for a while so I assumed that they had left them to it.

ie. No cameras, no problem.

HTH
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          You do.........you do

I know.................I know.............

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Gordon Ramsay
            WHS

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Gordon Ramsay
              WHS
              In that vein:

Jamie Oliver
              Lloyd Grossman
              Gary Rhodes
              Ainsley "Camp it up" Harriott
              Hairy Bikers

Oh, hang on the Beeb has done this more comprehensively at www.bbc.co.uk/food/chefs

which curiously has no mention of Marco Pierre White. I wonder what he did to upset the Beeb...

Ah, could this be the answer?

At one point during the series, controversy ensued when White said, "I don't think it was a pikey's picnic tonight." The remark prompted criticism from the Commission for Racial Equality. However, the show was defended by an ITV spokesperson, who indicated that warnings about its content were given before transmission, and that White's comment had been challenged by one of the contestants, Lee Ryan
              So know you know what to say if you want to upset the Beeb
              Last edited by Sysman; 9 October 2010, 12:18.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                In that vein:

Jamie Oliver
                Lloyd Grossman
                Gary Rhodes
                Ainsley "Camp it up" Harriott
                Hairy Bikers

Oh, hang on the Beeb has done this more comprehensively at www.bbc.co.uk/food/chefs

which curiously has no mention of Marco Pierre White. I wonder what he did to upset the Beeb...

Ah, could this be the answer?
                Good idea, put them all in the hole (shaft them) and make them eat each others 'culinary delights'.

Comment

Working...
                X