• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How should I invest a sudden windfall?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should I invest a sudden windfall?

I've recently come into a little money, and am wondering what to invest in? The figure of £113 has been mentioned.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I've recently come into a little money, and am wondering what to invest in? The figure of £113 has been mentioned.
    Fortunately that's the likely value of a SKA share when it floats later this year.

Comment

Buy lottery tickets.

What is the output of this program, for any lottery of your choice:-

0. Assume a lottery win; set iterations = 0
      1. While winnings >0; iterations++
      2. Spend winnings on lottery tickets; wait for draw; collect winnings
      3. End loop
      4. Debug.sob "Winnings = 0 after " & iterations

This program will not run forever (ignoring small change difficulties).
      Last edited by TimberWolf; 9 October 2010, 07:57. Reason: Added something for pedants

Comment

Go for Laddies Boy, 1.30 from Chepstow at 10-1. Heard on the grapevine he's taken a bung from Indian Bookmakers to fall at third fence.

Big Dave's Bookies is giving odds on fallers at the fences! You'll get 14-1 for the fall.

Shhhhhhhh. Taps nose.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Fortunately that's the likely value of 113 SKA shares when it floats later this year.
          FTFY
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

How about investing it in a nice weekend away ...

Comment

Have you considered the BRIC's? (Brazil, Russia, India, China)
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X