• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Winter beckons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Winter beckons

Looks like we´re heading for the coldest La Nina on record:

Get your shovels ready.
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Get your shovels ready.
    More British Gas shares m'thinks!!
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Damn. thats inconvenient. if its true

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        More British Gas shares m'thinks!!
        Gas companies have already sent out advance notice of a huge increase in prices commencing 1 October, and how very, very sorry they are and how 'bad' the timing is. Fook 'em, buy warm clothes and refuse to buy Russian gas or French electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Gas companies have already sent out advance notice of a huge increase in prices commencing 1 October, and how very, very sorry they are and how 'bad' the timing is. Fook 'em, buy warm clothes and refuse to buy Russian gas or French electricity.
          Or build a sewage recycling plant on one of your acres. Use the natural gas created and be self sufficient.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Get your shovels ready.
            I understand this is a consequence of the gulf oil spill.

Comment

Not wishing to sound like a poo pooer but read this

The four coldest winters of the last century were, in order of chilliness: 1963, 1947, 1940 and 1979. But it is 63 and 47 that remain the benchmarks for seasonal suffering.
              So when I cast my eye over your little graph I see that these dates do not tally, so I conclude La Nina has no direct correlation to the type of winter we have.

Comment

I think weather forecasters have made it abundantly clear over the years that no simple correlation between the weather for a season as predicted by them in advance and the weather actually experienced exists.

Comment

I think weather forecasters have made it abundantly clear over the years that no simple correlation between the weather for a season as predicted by them in advance and the weather actually experienced exists.
                  So prolonged Indian summer if previous predictions are anything to go by?
                  "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Fook 'em, buy warm clothes and refuse to buy Russian gas or French electricity.
                    But who is making those warm clothes? Personally I like Scottish wooly scarfs

Comment

Working...
                    X