• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: House prices 'fell in late 2005'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: House prices 'fell in late 2005'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4689954.stm

"House prices in England and Wales fell by 2% in the last three months of 2005, according to authoritative figures from the Land Registry. ",

Milan.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08022006/32...and-wales.html

Not according to Yahoo. From Reuters.
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
      http://uk.news.yahoo.com/08022006/32...and-wales.html

Not according to Yahoo. From Reuters.
      BBC say "House prices in England and Wales fell by 2% in the last three months of 2005".
      Yahoo! say "house prices rose 4.60 percent in October to December on the same period a year earlier".

So they fell in Oct-Dec but were still higher than the same period a year before. And the problem is?

Comment

I think you are confused. Yahoo says
        Residential house prices in England and Wales rose at a slightly faster pace in the final quarter of 2005, official figures showed on Wednesday.
        Which equates to Milans
        House prices in England and Wales fell by 2% in the last three months of 2005, according to authoritative figures from the Land Registry.
        Opposite statements for the same period!!!!!

Or have I missed something....... I will read it again.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
          I think you are confused.
          Yahoo is confused.

They say
          "The Land Registry, a government agency which records details of all property transactions, said house prices rose 4.60 percent in October to December on the same period a year earlier." (my italics)
          and they (Yahoo) deduce from this that
          "Residential house prices in England and Wales rose at a slightly faster pace in the final quarter of 2005, official figures showed on Wednesday."
          which is incorrect and was not said by the Land Registry.

The BBC is clearer:

"House prices in England and Wales fell by 2% in the last three months of 2005...
          But the annual rate of price increase, at 4.6%... "

Comment

Originally posted by expat
            BBC say "House prices in England and Wales fell by 2% in the last three months of 2005".
            Yahoo! say "house prices rose 4.60 percent in October to December on the same period a year earlier".

So they fell in Oct-Dec but were still higher than the same period a year before. And the problem is?
            Probem is this board is full of moaning c@nts.

Don't spoil their fun.

Comment

You're not moaning about that are you, Benn0?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
                You're not moaning about that are you, Benn0?
                Not moaning about anything. Just passing comment.

Comment

"Problem is... " sounds like a moan to me. Not that I'm moaning about you moaning about everyone moaning, you understand.

Comment

Working...
                  X