• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Jobs Again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT Jobs Again

Apologies if this had already been posted....

More pressure on IT Jobs
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Its actually both interesting and disturbing reading around on the EU-India FTA subject as many news articles focus on the destruction that will be caused in India rather than in the UK.

This agreement will allow the Tescos and Carrefours of the EU to set up in India and displace many of the local businesses outside of cities in much the same way as they did in the UK.

There will also be a damaging effect on Indian industries such as pharmaceuticals where the patent regulations would be tightened up. Currently India allows largely uncontrolled production of cheap medicines which would otherwise be protected by patents in the EU, and the FTA will mean price increases all around for Indians, and those they export cheap medicine too. Some have also raised rather serious concerns about the effect on charities and aid organisations that purchase a lot of cheap medicines from India.

The whole EU-India FTA seems to have been cooked up by top level business leaders with vested interests in the deal, and our rather dopey politicians who are enjoying being wined and dined into submission.
    Last edited by CheeseSlice; 11 October 2010, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      There will also be a damaging effect on Indian industries such as pharmaceuticals where the patent regulations would be tightened up. Currently India allows largely uncontrolled production of cheap medicines which would otherwise be protected by patents in the EU, and the FTA will mean price increases all around for Indians, and those they export cheap medicine too. Some have also raised rather serious concerns about the effect on charities and aid organisations that purchase a lot of cheap medicines from India.
      I understood the UK pharmaceutical industry was already being affected by the move of R&D effort to the sub continent
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

I understood the UK pharmaceutical industry was already being affected by the move of R&D effort to the sub continent
        Flounceguru specializes in Pharma doesn't he? At this rate he'll have to go back on the game.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
        X