• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Special Forces

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Special Forces

Looks like Linda Norgrove may have been killed by US Special Forces.

Details sketchy at this stage but US guys may have thrown a grenade that killed her.

I know US forces adopt a shoot-first policy, but its probably not a good idea when you're trying to rescue a hostage.

BBC News - UK aid worker may have been killed by rescuers' grenade

KUATB.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      KUATB.
      KUATB.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
        WHS
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContractor View Post
          Looks like Linda Norgrove may have been killed by US Special Forces.

Details sketchy at this stage but US guys may have thrown a grenade that killed her.

I know US forces adopt a shoot-first policy, but its probably not a good idea when you're trying to rescue a hostage.

BBC News - UK aid worker may have been killed by rescuers' grenade
          I've a feeling that the "special" in special forces has the opposite meaning for the yanks as it does for our special forces
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

It's the same special that's in "Special Needs".
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Soon as I heard that she had been killed I was doubting the US team. Yes, I know this could have happened with any team going in and we need to see the facts but can't help thinking I would be happier with the brits coming for me if I was in this situation.
              On the other hand if you require scorched earth over a large area, then it's the US every time !

Comment

Working...
              X