• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need to be a cunning linguist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to be a cunning linguist

I see that English doesn't take you as far as it used to:

Title: IT Engineer
    English Level: Basic
    Japanese Level: Business
    Chinese, mandarin Level: Native-level

Is this up near bradford way?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      I see that English doesn't take you as far as it used to:

Title: IT Engineer
      English Level: Basic
      Japanese Level: Business
      Chinese, mandarin Level: Native-level
      Morecambe!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Morecambe!
        滑稽

Comment

滑稽

圣诞节前几周,某人摔断了右腿被送进医院。从他进医院那一刻时,他就缠住医生,让医生告诉他什么时候能回家 。他十分害怕在医院过圣诞。尽管医生竭力医治,但病人恢复缓慢。圣诞节那天,他的右腿还上着石膏,他在床上 郁郁不乐地躺了一天,想着他错过的种种欢乐。然而,第二天,医生安慰他说,出院欢度新年的可能性还是很大的 ,那人听后振作了精神。果然,除夕时他可以一瘸一拐地去参加晚会了。为了补偿住院这一段不愉快的经历,那人 喝得稍许多了一点。在晚会上他尽情娱乐,一再告诉大家他是多么讨厌医院。晚会结束时,他嘴里还在嘟哝着医院 的事,突然踩到一块冰上滑倒了,摔断了左腿。
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            滑稽

圣诞节前几周,某人摔断了右腿被送进医院。从他进医院那一刻时,他就缠住医生,让医生告诉他什么时候能回家 。他十分害怕在医院过圣诞。尽管医生竭力医治,但病人恢复缓慢。圣诞节那天,他的右腿还上着石膏,他在床上 郁郁不乐地躺了一天,想着他错过的种种欢乐。然而,第二天,医生安慰他说,出院欢度新年的可能性还是很大的 ,那人听后振作了精神。果然,除夕时他可以一瘸一拐地去参加晚会了。为了补偿住院这一段不愉快的经历,那人 喝得稍许多了一点。在晚会上他尽情娱乐,一再告诉大家他是多么讨厌医院。晚会结束时,他嘴里还在嘟哝着医院 的事,突然踩到一块冰上滑倒了,摔断了左腿。
            Why do you have all those 摔 characters imbedded, is it because you just fed it to Google and pasted the result without looking?

Comment

And Threaded's joke is...

The funny Christmas day most recent several weeks, some person fell breaks the right leg is delivered the hospital. Enters hospital that moment when from him, he ties down doctor, when lets doctor tell him can go home. He extremely is afraid in the hospital Christmas. Although doctor by might and main treats, but the patient restores slowly. Christmas day that day, his right leg returns the gypsum, he depressed lay down one day on the bed, thought he missed all sorts of happinesses. However, second days, doctor comforts him says, leaves the hospital celebrates joyfully the new year the possibility is very big, after that person listened to buoy up the spirit. Really, when lunar New Year's Eve he was allowed lamely to attend the party. In order to compensate is hospitalized this not happy experiences, that person slightly drank many one point. At the party his heartily entertainment, repeatedly tells everybody him is the how repugnant hospital. When the party ends, in his mouth also in mumbles the hospital matter, suddenly stepped on to one pack ice on slips, fell breaks the left leg.

Tu me parles Chinois!

Comment

I looked, and then wondered if anyone would spot the reference marks.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                  I looked, and then wondered if anyone would spot the reference marks.
                  How about someone who had just posted some Chinese himself?

Comment

A man who had broken his right leg was taken to hospital a few weeks before Christmas. From the moment he arrived there, he kept on pestering[6] his doctor to tell him when he would be able to go home. He dreaded[7] having to spend Christmas in hospital. Though the doctor did his best, the patient's recovery[8] was slow. On Christmas day, the man still had his right leg in plaster[9]. He spent a miserable day in bed thinking of all the fun he was missing. The following day, however, the doctor consoled[10] him by telling him that his chances of being able to leave hospital in time for New Year celebrations were good. The man took heart and, sure enough, on New Year's Eve he was able to hobble[11] along to a party. To compensate[12] for his unpleasant experiences in hospital, the man drank a little more than was good for him. In the process, he enjoyed himself thoroughly and kept telling everybody how much he hated hospitals. He was still mumbling[13] something about hospitals at the end of the party when he slipped on a piece of ice and broke his left leg.

Comment

Working...
                    X