• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the experts: Which mobile phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the experts: Which mobile phone

Morning Experts,

unfortunately, yesterday morning, my Nokia 6300 died, to be precise it passed away at around 06:00 yesterday morning when it fell into one of the toilets at Castle Benes.

Being an experienced contractor, I immediately extracted said telephone from the toilet, whipped out the sim card, took the spare 6300 from the box and whacked the sim card in there and went on my way.

As a consequence I need to get a new mobile phone and infact that older 6300 was 2 years old and those nice people at Vodafone have said as it is two years old I can now order a new phone at a discounted price from Vodafone.

So I now have to choose a new phone.

I'm not really a 'latest mobile phone' person, and certainly don't want a touch pad device, but I'd like one which has a qwerty keyboard and which has a screen larger than a postage stamp for looking at internet and which can send emails to be precise...

Touch Pad - NO
    Qwerty Keyboard - YES
    Postage Stamp Display - NO
    Display large enough for seeing websites - YES
    Possibility to configure for sending emails - YES

and now the question for the experts, which phone should I get ?

I've seen the Nokia E72 on Vodafone website, and there's an Sony Ericsson (spit) which has a kind of slide out keyboard like the old Nokia Communicators

Anyone any experiences of these and any recommendations ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Nokia E5 ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Nokia E5 ?
      Ahh, Nokia E5, 'Cottager's Champion'. Guaranteed toilet proof.

Comment

Blackberry -

It bounces and has survived a dunking in a glass of wine - not sure it would survive the loo, mind.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Blackberry -

It bounces and has survived a dunking in a glass of wine - not sure it would survive the loo, mind.
          The Blackberry Curve 9300 is just out - has 3G and GPS.

Mine is being delivered today - will let you know what I think of it.

Currently got the curve 8520 - slow on the iternet and been in for repair several times, hence the upgrade.

Comment

The Samsung Genio Querty looks okay for a budget phone. It lacks WiFi though.

Comment

There is a good chance that your old phone will come back to life if you take the battery out ASAP and let it dry out, after giving the phone a good shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                There is a good chance that your old phone will come back to life if you take the battery out ASAP and let it dry out, after giving the phone a good shaking.
                thank's

too late, it went in the bin

Milan.

Comment

Falling into the toilet must be a common fate of mobile phones.

Comment

I had an e71 - can't recommend it for web browsing even though I used to post on here with it - it was a painful process. I would avoid the n97 for the same reason even though they both have a good keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                    X