• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moyles again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moyles again

He has this thing that people either "get" the programme or they don't.
    I may be thick, but it seems it's either

1) He is obnoxious - and that's what there is to get
    2) He thinks he's being really clever by pretending to be obnoxious and that's what there is to get.

In a way 2 is even worse - at least you know where you are with genuinely unpleasant people - but people who do it for "fun"?

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    at least you know where you are with genuinely unpleasant people - but people who do it for "fun"?
    That's par for the course on here

Comment

He has this thing that people either "get" the programme or they don't.
      I may be thick, but it seems it's either

1) He is obnoxious - and that's what there is to get
      2) He thinks he's being really clever by pretending to be obnoxious and that's what there is to get.

In a way 2 is even worse - at least you know where you are with genuinely unpleasant people - but people who do it for "fun"?
      He's my hero. Innit.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

he's trying to play the so-called "shock jock" role, and fails way short.

He's a watered down, crap version of Chris Evans or Howard Stern.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          He's a watered down, crap version of Chris Evans
          Now that's funny.

Did this thread have a point? Someone you don't like says either people get him or they don't... how's that different from any other entertainer, controversial or not?

However he does have a point because there are quite a few people who go out of their way to attack him with no reason, the same way you started this thread... they seem to take it personally. If you don't like him, just don't listen or watch his work. There are thousands of crap presenters but where are the threads complaining at them... Piers Morgan, Chris Evans, etc. I bet there are loads of people who hate Wogan's puerile style too.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I hope he dies on air.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              I hope he dies on air.
              Then perhaps the Beeb can avoid paying him with good reason.

Although for me, him dying on air would be by far the funniest thing he's ever done!

Comment

What's your point ?
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                X