• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BREAKING NEWS: state pension exceeds important threshold!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BREAKING NEWS: state pension exceeds important threshold!

Low and behold: "State pension will be over £100" ... per week!!!

"It is likely to rise by £4.49 a week from £97.65 to around £102.14, giving some small comfort to pensioners who have suffered from a fall in savings rates and rise in the cost of living in the last few years.

The rise, which will take effect from April next year, comes after official figures showed that inflation continued to rise at well above the Government's target. "

More: State pension will be over £100 - Telegraph

---

So that's whopping £5.2k per year, let's see:
    1) council tax £1k
    2) fuel (gas/power): £1k
    3) water: £500

That's 50% pension gone

4) insurance: car, life, house - £500 per year?

5) posting tulip on CUK ... FREE (for now!)

Well that's like whopping £200 per month to live on buying food, Sky Sports, fuel for car

xxx) life in retirement - priceless

And it's going to be a whole lot worse when we are pensioners. If it ever happens. Now is the golden age.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yup.

It's just enough to make sure you wish you were dead.

HTH.

And it's mostly due to the "generosity" of the Sainted Margaret.
      or help you on your way through lack of food and heating!
      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

State pension will be the next thing abolished for high tax payers (a-la child benefit)
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Yes. It's going to being really awful for you lot. I would go SNEER but then when I log on here to say I'm dead you might go SNEER back.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
          X