• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tooth extraction

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tooth extraction

Not the most pleasant of experiences.

Went to the dentist for a filling last night – they told me quick 10 secs to extract. The darned thing broke up, took them quarter of an hour of hacking about, they managed to take out a good chunk of the bone as well.

Good for weight watching though – I am hungry but cannot eat anything – living off sipping orange juice today.

Still, had a good evening tripping on codeine.

I had one break up when I was 20, they dealt with it in the same way.

two years later I got a toothache in the gap and the x ray showed that most the root had been left behind.
    so they opened up the gum with a scalpel and the butcher of Arbourfield said, 'oh dear, i wasnt expecting that, it's fused'
    He spent 90 minutes drilling around it through the bone before he managed to get it free. In the process he gave me twice the legal dose of something or other, 'enough to poleaxe a horse'

it was the worst pain I ever had and for a week I could tell if it was the postman or the milkman coming up the path, because one was heavier than the other. I felt every vibration on the planet through that drilled out jawbone.

good luck with yours

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Not the most pleasant of experiences.

Went to the dentist for a filling last night – they told me quick 10 secs to extract. The darned thing broke up, took them quarter of an hour of hacking about, they managed to take out a good chunk of the bone as well.

Good for weight watching though – I am hungry but cannot eat anything – living off sipping orange juice today.

Still, had a good evening tripping on codeine.
      Cheer up, it's not as bad as listening to Chris Moyles.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Mrs Flubster has got her final bit of dental surgery tomorrow after two years of extractions, bone grafts(!), implants, crowns, bridges and veneers. Not a pleasent experience, having set me back £22k. Oh, and I think she had a bit of discomfort too.
        Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          Arbourfield
          Arborfield.
          PMC or in the village?
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
            Arborfield.
            PMC or in the village?
            MRC iirc
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I now have a golf ball in my cheek – to the point that people are looking at me asking what happened. Feeling very surreal today as we have a Christmas briefing in the atrium, so I am doped up on voltorol and codeine listening to Slade, Darkness and Bing Crosby.

Hope that there is another nice soup for lunch, as that is all I can handle

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                I now have a golf ball in my cheek – to the point that people are looking at me asking what happened. Feeling very surreal today as we have a Christmas briefing in the atrium, so I am doped up on voltorol and codeine listening to Slade, Darkness and Bing Crosby.

Hope that there is another nice soup for lunch, as that is all I can handle
                Where on earth do you work? Santa's Grotto? It's October.
                Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                  Where on earth do you work? Santa's Grotto? It's October.
                  A retail clientco. All the branch managers are coming to the office over this week to get brainwashed ino the Christmas spirit, hence the mince pies, christmas cake and crimbo music being blasted out! Give me Chris Moyles instead.....

Comment

Why don't people have some sense and stop going to dentists? Not been for 15 years since I twigged what an utter con it all was.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X