• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

*** Cyclists on Trains

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*** Cyclists on Trains

This morning, Southampton to Basingstoke. Aisle totally blocked by two sweaty, fetid peasants with their filthy cycles. The comic maneouveurings of them attempting to get their bikes arranged so one could leave the train was funny. However, I let these creatures have it with both barrels.

No doubt letting bikes on trains is some sort of sop to green idiots, but they should be banned. There are enough Boris bikes in London and there is no reason whasoever to put their stupid bikes on the train.

If the bike storage was taken out and converted to seats, then people would not need to stand either.

EXECUTE THEM ALL!

Comment

Or drive. If you can get to the M3 J13 northbound slipway, I can give you a lift as I also work in Basingstoke. Please wear a hi-vis jacket though as it's dark at 6.30....
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

That is just the kind of selfish attitude that I encounter from commuters practically every morning whilst manouevring my recumbent bicycle around the already limited carriage accomodation. FGW have a policy of first come first serve vis a vis avalability of storage for cycles and space IS NOT BOOKABLE so occassionally I have to wheel my recumbent into the aisle thus preventing the easy detraining of passengers at station stops and the migration of passengers between seat and/or buffet car. THIS IS NO FAULT OF MINE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH IT CAN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR SERVICE OPERATOR.

As somebody with a committment to green issues I don't really care if I am inconveniencing you because no doubt you have belched countless cubic litres of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere during your drive to the station and all I have done is added a few seconds extra to your detraining at your destination. Pales into insignificance really.

Comment

*** Cyclists!!!!
          FTFY
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
            That is just the kind of selfish attitude that I encounter from commuters practically every morning whilst manouevring my recumbent bicycle around the already limited carriage accomodation. FGW have a policy of first come first serve vis a vis avalability of storage for cycles and space IS NOT BOOKABLE so occassionally I have to wheel my recumbent into the aisle thus preventing the easy detraining of passengers at station stops and the migration of passengers between seat and/or buffet car. THIS IS NO FAULT OF MINE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH IT CAN I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU TAKE IT UP WITH YOUR SERVICE OPERATOR.

As somebody with a committment to green issues I don't really care if I am inconveniencing you because no doubt you have belched countless cubic litres of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere during your drive to the station and all I have done is added a few seconds extra to your detraining at your destination. Pales into insignificance really.
            I bet you've got a flag on your recumbent, haven't you?

Comment

Gricer, I wonder if you would still use your cycle if you had to pay for the extra space it takes up on the train?

I'm not sure about these 'greenies' they seem to enjoy preaching at us that is the only thing they should get to do for free.

Comment

Only foldies allowed on the HST ... it's Brompton city at StP in the morning

They still have the 'holier than thou' attitude and insist on unfolding while still on the platform -meaning the Muppets have to go down the escalators with a full sized bike

hangin's too good for them
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

They only allow folding bikes on my route, but they not yet ruled against their riders being smelly.

There's plenty of Boris bikes, or another alternative is to leave their bike, or have a second bike, chained up at the London terminus, as many passengers do.

Comment

I think there's something a bit weird about anyone over the age of 15/16 who still rides around on a pushbike. You don't see grown adults sitting on the train wiling away their commute time by playing with an Action Man or a Slinky do you?
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X