• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chilean Miners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chilean Miners

News reports that the shift leader will be the last one up.

You know a good boss when you see one.
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

The guy is a bit of a national hero by the sounds of it. Keeping them motivated in the early days etc.

Comment

Great story this. He was the one that restricted them to one spoon of tuna per 48 hours and kept the structure rather than free for all etc... Being dragged up a half mile hole in something smaller than a coffin.. stuff of boyhood stories.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Glad they've been rescued and that those on the surface didn't give up hope either.

Right, can we move on now?

Comment

Sky are making a right meal of the rescue coverage. Seven out now. I'm not sure I'll be able to stick with it until the end.

We're already onto desperate stats like the fact that the rescue capsule has travelled 3 miles so far.

Hang on, potentially a problem with the capsule door.....
          Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

They built a spare capsule, Shirley?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

my wife is from Chile, so she is following the story closely, seems that all of them are called "The 33" and are national heroes, and that publicity asked government for an official day off today on the day they get out of the mines.

Comment

And when they've dusted them down, checked them over and had a weekend at home, it'll be "Right lads, back down yer go....."

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
                  And when they've dusted them down, checked them over and had a weekend at home, it'll be "Right lads, back down yer go....."
                  Ah, Mr Miner, it seems you've forgotten to clock-in each day for the past few months so we won't be paying you. Do try to remember in future.

Comment

8 up now. Riveting stuff.

One observation. They all seem to be coming out clean shaven and not particularly dirty and dusty. Hmmm...
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X