• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds to cut 4,500 jobs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds to cut 4,500 jobs

These are all IT jobs and includes:

1600 permies
    1150 contractors
    1750 offshore bobs

linky

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

1600 permies
    1150 contractors
    1750 offshore bobs

linky
    1150 contractors
    After using this board I genuinely thought there were only a few hundred in the UK in total. And some of those probably sockie's.
    Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      1150 contractors
      After using this board I genuinely thought there were only a few hundred in the UK in total. And some of those probably sockie's.
      I should have checked the accuracy of my figures. These are people on temporary contracts,.. so contractors yes, but maybe not all apples.

Comment

1600 permies
        1150 contractors
        1750 offshore bobs

linky
        Banks are just revolving doors. Chuck everyone out now, then the board dream up some 'profit centre channel integration synergy' and everyone comes back in for some more wasteful hopeless projects. I think we're hitting the upward wave here in Holland; ING are still offering crappy rates but very few people are biting; one agent has pestered me 6 times in the last 10 days about the same role, and I know that nearly all the experienced test managers in NL are in projects. The test consultancies have nobody on the bench.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Banks are just revolving

revolting

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

revolting
            fook me, I agree with AtW
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I expect it's no mistake that this was announced the very day the Chilean miners were being rescued, knowing every new channel/site would be covering that 24 hours for the next 2 days.............

Comment

I should have checked the accuracy of my figures. These are people on temporary contracts,.. so contractors yes, but maybe not all apples.
                Lloyds TSB tried to get me to go to the darkside not once but twice during two of the many stints done there over the years.
                I did actually consider it once ... & went through the chat with the manager who was keen for it to happen... but it seems their idea of permie was to offer a renewable two year contract to avoid most of the employment rights accruing.

Had to let him down gently - not the right time for me blah blah

Still one of the nicest places to have worked in London....and the only place I've worked over the years where columbian marching powder was available !

Last time I spoke to anyone there, they were all hoping for redundancy and the resulting payout
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I wonder if the 1750 offshore bobs will kick up a fuss about losing their jobs, or just carry on and be swallowed up by the next available offshoring project.

Comment

I'm there now and I've been offered an extension until late next year on several occasions. (Not accepted yet).

That announcement looks worse than it is. They're in a major integration programme due to end next year, hence the reduction of contractors and some of the bobs. They will lose some legacy systems late next year hence the permmie reductions and the rest of the bobs that support legacy. Simple as that.

Been done before and will no doubt be done again in the future.

They've been telling me for ten years (First Halifax, then HBOS , now LBG) that contractor opportunities will go down in the future. They haven't.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X