• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

if there is less to do why are they doing even less than before

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if there is less to do why are they doing even less than before

Agent just phoned to say he liked my cv etc etc said he was going to send job description and a 'pro-forma for me to complete'

'pro-forma' turns out to be a list of things which is already on my cv and a list of 'transferrable skills' ALL OF WHICH ARE ON MY CV

jesus christ on a bike

have they given up typing?

Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    Agent just phoned to say he liked my cv etc etc said he was going to send job description and a 'pro-forma for me to complete'

'pro-forma' turns out to be a list of things which is already on my cv and a list of 'transferrable skills' ALL OF WHICH ARE ON MY CV

jesus christ on a bike

have they given up typing?
    The only bit he's interested in is the Referee section, which is not on your CV?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The only bit he's interested in is the Referee section, which is not on your CV?
      Oddly enough he hasn't asked for that, yet.

Comment

Sounds like an effective lure then.

Comment

I've had this a few times.

They do a keyword search on your CV and if you have enough of the keywords, they call you to discuss the role. I assume your CV will not have been read properly at all at this point.

They are required by their client to provide some sort of matrix around why you fit their requirements - as the client can't be bothered to read your CV in full, either.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Had the same for a role, please fill in experience against listed criteria - usual BBS about style of leadership, management experience.
            RTFCV, I have spent a cumulative 100 hours getting it to a very high standard and covering every aspect of my working life you might possibly want to know about.
            Nobbers

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
              Had the same for a role, please fill in experience against listed criteria - usual BBS about style of leadership, management experience.
              RTFCV, I have spent a cumulative 100 hours getting it to a very high standard and covering every aspect of my working life you might possibly want to know about.
              Nobbers
              RTFCV ?! Wassat mean?

I pointed out that as that was his job, he was probably better off doing it. I added that I'm sure he was aware that everything he needed was on my CV. He disagreed, stating that he didn't have enough of an understanding of my role and/or CV, and I'd be much better placed to do it - I wanted to ensure the best information got across to the client, didn't I?

I agreed, and asked for some of his commission in return for completing the matrix.

Tosser.
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                RTFCV ?! Wassat mean?
                IAIM "RTFM" BF CVs

Comment

Do it.

at least you know that the client gets a good copy of your cv. Not some copy pasted crud with the highlights removed. When it comes to rates negotiation, remind him that he doesn't really know the area so he can't possibly know your worth.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                  X