• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents using own umbrella scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents using own umbrella scheme

got a job offer the other day, while talking to the agent they started to say my current umbrella wasn`t compliant, when asked why they could not give me a reason, now I did my home work on the umbrella and i am more than happy with them. The sting in the tail as when they said they had there own scheme they could put me on.

As anyone else had this problem?

rocket

Originally posted by rocketron View Post
    got a job offer the other day, while talking to the agent they started to say my current umbrella wasn`t compliant, when asked why they could not give me a reason, now I did my home work on the umbrella and i am more than happy with them. The sting in the tail as when they said they had there own scheme they could put me on.

rocket
    No

AS = Has
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

rocket
      They obviously think that due to your lack of intelligence as indicated by your inability to spell that you're a pushover.

Comment

MBA?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Its rubbish to get commission for referral. Had this and insisted on using my own - after a stand-off they backed down. Providing they're a reputable umbrella you should be able to work it out. Worst case they contact umbrella to say they're not dodgy and get assurances etc.

I always make a point of keeping in touch with the recruiter, so that if the agent is messing about, they can tell them to JFDI. Let the agent know you've kept in touch with the client too keeps them from messing you about.

Comment

If you can really be arsed and really value having one umbrella cream money over you than another umbrella then contact the client and bump your gums to them.

OR you can always agree but tell them you want another x amount a day.

Or you just can get Ltd.

Comment

Thanks for your input guys; I am waiting for them to give me a valid reason

Comment

Thanks for your input guys; I am waiting for them to give me a valid reason
                Sounds like sharp practice to me. Name and shame.

Comment

I know of one foreign contracting agency that has its own brolly - I wouldn't touch either with Gordon's dongle-barge-pole.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    Sounds like sharp practice to me. Name and shame.
                    I will when i know the full story

Comment

Working...
                    X