• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ruined

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruined

me, you the whole fu ckin country

EU trade deal threatens to overturn Coalition

A planned EU "free trade agreement" with India, expected to be signed in December, will give skilled Indian IT workers, engineers and managers the ability to work in Europe. In return under the agreement European companies will gain access to India's domestic market.

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

A planned EU "free trade agreement" with India, expected to be signed in December, will give skilled Indian IT workers, engineers and managers the ability to work in Europe. In return under the agreement European companies will gain access to India's domestic market.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Do these Eurotwats honestly believe it will be a two-way street when it comes to access to markets?

Results will be a couple of European businesses getting a small office in India with 100 employees and 100,000 Indian workers arriving in the UK every few months to take what's left of our service economy.

Comment

There was another thread on this a few days ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post

I think we have all seen the "skill" level of the FTVs

Assuming that bucket has now been drained over the last 13 years - will the next wave be better or worse?
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I hate the way our politicians get mixed messages.
            When a company in the UK says it can't get enough local "skilled workers", they instantly assume it is actually because we dont have any. Vince Cable also seems to be convinced that India provides the worlds 'best' tech skills which we should aspire to learn from. He has been totally misguided or misinformed.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Do these Eurotwats honestly believe it will be a two-way street when it comes to access to markets?

Results will be a couple of European businesses getting a small office in India with 100 employees and 100,000 Indian workers arriving in the UK every few months to take what's left of our service economy.
              The Germans will sell high technology engineered goods, the French nuclear, and the UK get the immigrants. Seems like a good deal for Europe, apart from the UK obviously who destroy their IT industry, which is also good for the rest of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                I hate the way our politicians get mixed messages.
                When a company in the UK says it can't get enough local "skilled workers", they instantly assume it is actually because we dont have any. Vince Cable also seems to be convinced that India provides the worlds 'best' tech skills which we should aspire to learn from. He has been totally wined and dined by city bosses
                Oh how silly of me, I made a typo

Comment

it will be very easy for the european countries to keep them out , they will just specify german, french etc is a requirement

as you say timberwolf all BOBs will come to UK

Comment

In return under the agreement European companies will gain access to India's domestic market.
                    India looks after India. There will be a 1000 reasons wrapped up in 1000 layers of bureaucracy why each European business won't actually be able to achieve access to India's markets. And the Indian people will shun any foreign businesses too on patriotic grounds. Let's not even start on the fact that most business in India involves corruption and bribery on an almost epic scale.

Comment

Working...
                    X