• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Something just doesn't feel right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something just doesn't feel right

Hello....first time here, have done a quick search to try and get some help, but can't find anything!

I recently started my first contract - 2 weeks in, and its not the role that was described and the specific project I came in to work on has been canned.

When I took the role, I had an offer from another, but chose this one. I got back in touch, just to put the feelers out in case there was anything out there that i could switch to and the job is still there....over a month later.

This is where my problem lies....when I turned it down, they told me to name my price - i didn't as it wasn't about the money. Something doesn't sit right about why it hasn't been filled, and why they were so keen to have me?

It's not exactly a niche role, its a deployment manager for a Win7 roll out (which i have done before) and its for a phrmaceutical, through Fujitsu.

am i being totally stupid and thinking too much? Should I just go for it?

any comments appreaciated :-)

Always make sure you have a project schedule in your contract that oputlines the deliverables you will be responsible for. If they subsequently canned the project they would then be in breach of contract and you could walk.

Comment

Given the current climate, you're thinking too much. Name your price, accept the role, if it turns out to be tulip you can always leave..
      Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
      X