• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London Olympic Games ticket prices announced

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Olympic Games ticket prices announced

Looks like the 100m men's final is king of the Olympics.

BBC News - London Olympic Games ticket prices are announced
    Tickets | London 2012

How do these things work, do you mill around for the rest of the day after seeing the event you paid for not being able to see anything?
    Yes
    10.00%
    No
    40.00%
    Undecided
    30.00%
    I will just record the volleyball in HD and watch it in slo-mo on my 80" TV
    10.00%
    I am entering AndyW
    10.00%

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Tickets | London 2012

How do these things work, do you mill around for the rest of the day after seeing the event you paid for not being able to see anything?
    Yes. You get a ticket for a specific session/sport. So if you buy a ticket for the morning session of the athletics you can't stay on for the evening session. (this is how it worked at the Athens games anyway)
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Bloomin Olympics. Can't stand 'em what with all the blanket coverage of minority sports that somebody British is likely to do well in.

Expect these Olympics to be 10 times as bad, there will be no escape.

I'm going away somehwere where there is no television for that particular fortnight.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Bloomin Olympics. Can't stand 'em what with all the blanket coverage of minority sports that somebody British is likely to do well in.

I'm going away somehwere where there is no television for that particular fortnight.
        Thought we did alright in the last Olympics....
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Hopefully your flight will crash into a mountain and you'll be the only fatality.

Comment

Grice I have an idea for you. Why dont you sleep off the entire fortnight ? Just take about 15 sleeping pills to last that long.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                Yes. You get a ticket for a specific session/sport. So if you buy a ticket for the morning session of the athletics you can't stay on for the evening session. (this is how it worked at the Athens games anyway)
                So is it worth going, with all the aggro and expense of getting there, only to see a 9.7 second race?

Comment

So is it worth going, with all the aggro and expense of getting there, only to see a 9.7 second race?
                  Buy tickets for the 10000 metres and then you'll get your money's worth.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Tickets | London 2012

<smugMode>
                    Some of us have already seen the men's 100m final at the Olympics
                    </smugMode>

Probably the most amazing thing I have seen in my life.

Comment

Working...
                    X