• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best of Bob 'quotes' thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best of Bob 'quotes' thread

I'm in a cruel mood today, but its friday so what the heck

Here are two of my favourite bob quotes from various work emails. I see the same ones appear again and again from different people, so it must be something they are taught.

This usually appears in an email asking to verify something:
    please confirm the same
    This one is usually when bob can't get something to work and has decided only I can fix it, even though its got nothing to do with me...
    please do the needful
    Anyone else have any?

How's your Indian, Cheeseslice. Fluent yet?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Nope.
      No harm in finding it amusing though.

Comment

"Hey Ghunga Din! Chop chop. Pronto. Capiche"

No. Mine seems fine.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I'm not sure there is such a language as Indian? Aren't there about 30 odd languages/dialects to choose from?

edit: having said that though MP, I do agree with your sentiments.
          Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

"Click here for more informations" easy giveaway as to who coded Currys website.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Looking forward to your positive reponse
              This is how a lot of Bob Web design/SEO emails are concluded. I must try that one in an interview one day..
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's not just Indian english. I work with a Ukrainian off shore dev team.

If they have a query it usually is in the form

"So let us explore few scenarios, blah blah bla a) blah blah blah b) blah blah blah c)
                Please confirm which variant"

I find it indearing
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
                  I'm not sure there is such a language as Indian? Aren't there about 30 odd languages/dialects to choose from?

edit: having said that though MP, I do agree with your sentiments.
                  Its amazing just looking at wikipedia on this subject, there are quite a lot of them. Amazing really, but understandable when you have such a large country and limited infrastructure to cross pollinate communities.

I hope nobody has taken this thread to be some kind of racially motivated hate thread, it certainly wasn't meant to be. Apologies if anyone is offended in any way, but I just saw an email today which made me think of some of the memorable ones I've had over recent years and wanted to share some of them.
                  Last edited by CheeseSlice; 15 October 2010, 15:06.

Comment

I put a tender out for some Bob work and one replied with this little gem at the end...

"Awaiting at least some response."

Comment

Working...
                    X